Basic Properties of Light
FQ: What is light and the property of visibility?
In your science notebooks, start a KWL chart about light. Fill in the first two columns.
K = What you already know about light
W = What you want to know about light
L = What you learned about light
Light = Engergy
- Light is a form of energy.
- Light is made up of many colors
- Different colors of light are revealed when white light passes through a prism
- The different colors separate into the rainbow called, spectrum.
- These colors are related to the different amounts of energy in white light.
- Each color represents a different amount of energy.
- It must either give off its own light or reflect light
- The Sun, candle flame, or flashlight give off visible light
- The Moon and many objects around us reflect light in order to be seen
Summarize the focus question using pictorial and written language.