The Viking View - Families
Update from Daisy and Lizbeth
From the desk of Principal Williams
I am very proud of each and every family here at Steele Lane. You have all been doing an amazing job at drop-off and pick-up! Both of those times of day are special to me. Being able to interact with you and your family is important to me.
Thank you for sending your student(s) to school with their masks. Please continue to teach your students proper mask-wearing at home so they come to school prepared for their day. If their mask is too large or breaks during the day we also have masks on campus available for them.
Lastly, during drop off and pick up please remember the following;
- Do not arrive early and park on the curb. We need to allow our buses access to the curb.
- Do not double park blocking a lane of traffic, pull forward and next to the curb, if no space is available please circle around the block and try again.
- Slow down, the speed limit in front of our school during school hours is 25mph
- Do not make a left-hand turn into the Annex.
- Do not make a U-turn in front of the school.
- Be patient, pick up is only taking 10 to 15 minutes each day.
With much gratitude,
Daily Health Screener in Parent Square
Parent Square can also be accessed on a computer/Chromebook. Here is the link: https://www.parentsquare.com/signin
This step is required each in-person day for your students and you cannot send students without completing this!
We have made many phone calls supporting families call us if you need help!
Attendance & Absence Reminders
- Attendance for students is required daily. This is for both in-person learning and online learning.
- We are seeing a huge number of absences on days where students are not in person with their teacher. Please make sure your student interacts with their teacher every single day and completes work online if they are learning from home. This is part of the daily attendance that the teachers are taking.
- Anytime your student is going to be absent - either in person or online - please give us a call. This is so we can clearly document the reason for the absence. It also helps us so that we do not call you about absences later on in the day.
- Remember that even if a student may be absent for a portion of the day, they can still complete work.
- Please try to limit scheduling family events, appointments, errands, or other tasks during school hours - 8AM-12:20PM Monday-Friday
All families who have opted in for Hybrid (In Person) Learning should have read & understood the protocol and procedures related to students who display symptoms.
- Click here to review the COVID Handbook (English).
- Click here to review the COVID Handbook (Spanish).
Within this Handbook, it states that any student who shows symptoms or tells their teacher that they have symptoms will be isolated. This is standard protocol from Santa Rosa City Schools and Public Health as it is very important that we follow these guidelines to keep our entire school site safe.
Any time a student has symptoms on the symptom list above, they will need to do one of the following before returning to school. Again, this is all part of our district-wide policy and it is outlined in the COVID Handbook.
- get a negative COVID-19 test
- have a clearance to return to school from a Doctor - clearly stating that symptoms are not due to COVID
- wait out the 10 day isolation period