Your home for MHS news & events. Volume 2
Week 2 in the books!
I will be visiting classrooms next week to see you in action. Tuesday, I will be joined by our Assistant Superintendent for Student Services, Dr. Melinda DeFelice, in observing quality instruction.
Some instructional points of emphasis this year are:
- Content and Language objectives either posted or referenced at some point during the lesson
- Less teacher driven and more student focused
- Frequent opportunities for students to generate original responses to quality questions
- Wait time for students to process and expand if the first answer is not quite there
The McKinney High School
Please make sure you are implementing the district retake policy with summative assignments. If you have any questions, please contact your PDAS appraiser.
- No School on Monday, enjoy your well deserved break!
- Operations Leadership Team meets in F101 @ 2:45 p.m. on 9/8
- Varsity Volleyball on 9/8 @ 6:00 p.m vs. Coppell (Home)
- Varsity Football on 9/11 @ 7:30 vs. Newman Smith (Away)
- Varsity Volleyball on 9/11 @5:30 vs. Prosper (Away)
- Teacher Self Report Form, section I due to Appraiser by 9/15
- MEF Teacher Grants are due on September 30th. Application can be accessed at this link- http://www.mmeeff.com/grant-application/
PTO memberships are available for $10. PTO support is critical to our success as a school. If you are interested in becoming a member, please email Kelsey Jessee at firstname.lastname@example.org for a membership form.
MEF memberships are still available. Any dollar amount is appreciated. The McKinney Education Foundation exists to provide teacher scholarships for innovative projects or staff development and to assist students with college scholarships. Please email Kelsey Jessee at email@example.com for a membership form.