MVVS News and Notes
It takes a village...
We will Engage, Challenge, and Support All Learners
It Takes a Village to S.O.A.R. Together
S how Respect
O thers First
A lways Safe
R esponsible Citizens
I am looking forward to celebrating the amazing aspects of our school community as we work together to SOAR this year!
Opening Day - Tuesday, 8/31
- If a student is arriving late or will be absent from school, a parent/guardian is asked to enter this information, along with the reason, into Pick Up Patrol (PUP), no later than 7:00am.
- If a student is being dismissed early or their pick up plans have changed, parents should enter this information into PUP, no later than 12:30pm.. For early dismissals or pick-up plan changes after this cutoff, parents should call the office at 673-5141.
- Students will arrive between 7:35 and 7:45. Families can drop-off in the designated area in the front of the building. Busses will drop off in the back off the building. Students will proceed to their homerooms. Kindergarten students will proceed to the playground and meet their teacher there on the first day of school only.
- We will begin our dismissal procedures at 2:07 with students for pick-up.
COVID Guidelines Update
- Masks are required indoors for students and staff.
- Designated volunteers will be allowed to access the building.
- Parent meetings can be done remotely or in-person with masks.
- Students will be permitted to remove masks to have a snack each morning.
- Lunches will be in the Multi-Purpose Room (MPR) and outside if possible.
- We will be integrating mask breaks into our day.
- Masks will not be required in playground and outdoor areas.
2021-2022 School Hours
MVVS Happenings This Week
- Thank you to all who came out for the Principal's Meet and Greet on Tuesday. It was so nice to meet many of our MVVS families. I am very excited for this year!
- Our Kindergarten Meet and Greet was a terrific success on Thursday evening. Thank you to Ms. Gallagan and Ms. Philibotte for their work on this event. Also, a shout out to our PTA for their support with the welcome bags for our students.
- Our staff worked hard today, our In-Service Day, on a variety of professional development tasks.
8/30 - Welcome Back Teachers and Staff
8/31 - First Day of School for Students
9/8 - Open House (more info to come)
9/9 - MVVS PTA Ice Cream Social, 5:30-7:00p, MVVS
9/25 - Lamson Farms Day, 9:00a-12:00p, Lamson Farm