Te'a Jackson 2nd Hour
Why is dairy food Important?
Dairy foods contain important minerals, vitamins, and carbohydrates such as: Calcium, Vitamin A and D, Lactose, Fats, and Protein.
Osteoporosis is a disease in bones that cause the bones to become more porous. This can cause bones to weaken, loose minerals, become fragile, and break easily.
How to Prevent
- Get daily amount of Calcium and Vitamin B
- Avoid Smoking and excess amounts of Alcohol
- Engage in regular weight bearing exercise
Healthy Food Options
- Cereal and Milk
- Orange Juice
- Baked Beans
- "Learn about Osteoporosis." Learn about Osteoporosis. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Oct. 2015.
- "Yogurt and Fruit Parfaits : Rachael Ray : Food Network." Yogurt and Fruit Parfaits Recipe : Rachael Ray : Food Network. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Oct. 2015.