Weekly Staff Update
11/16/2015 - 11/20/2015
The Ingenious Mr. Thornbacker (Team building): ALL WEEK (Jeans week too!!!)
DC Trip Pro/Con Meeting (Voluntary): 11/17
JAZ Tutoring: 11/17
T.H.E. Program: 11/18
Staff Meeting (celebration): 11/20
Timed Pair Share
1. Students are paired and work in pairs.
2. Present a problem to the students.
3. Provide them with a specific amount of time to write their answers.
4. Students discus their answers with either their face or shoulder partners.
5. Call on students to share with the class the answer they have developed with their partners.
• Instead of sharing out with the class, they share with their answers with the other team at their table. This is called Timed-Pair-Square.
• To increase equal participation, after think time, make the students share their answers in a Round Robin format at their table.
1. Model good listening skills.
2. Model how pairs discuss instead of just one member answering the question Social Skills
1. Active Listening
2. Appropriate noise level.
Have fun with the team building week! Look for daily emails for your 5 minute "missions."
Brad is at County Principal's Meeting on 11/18
My husband Don and I have been together for 20 years. We live in Macomb and have a daughter, Allison , who is 13 and in 8th grader at Shelby J.H. in Utica. We stay busy with Allison who plays travel soccer. Each fall and spring she has 20 games and 1 or 2 tournaments which require travel. This year was Cincinnati and next summer will be Cleveland! In the summer we all like to golf. Allison plays in the Blue Water Junior Golf Association and some Meijer Tour Events which keeps me quite busy. We have been members at Burning Tree Golf Course in Macomb for 18 years.
Favorite Color: Pink
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Music: Rock
Favorite Movie: Caddyshack
Favorite TV Show: The Big Bang, The Blacklist
Favorite Vacation: Cabo San Lucas; anywhere with palm trees
Favorite University/College: Don't have one, but to keep a happy marriage I root for THE Ohio State University
EASY WAYS TO HELP
Yale Junior High PTO
1. Download Shoparoo to your mobile device. You will scan any grocery, fuel, or non-grocery receipt. We also have a Yale Junior High PTO page on Facebook, please like us!
Be sure to select Yale Junior High
2. Please donate ANY AND ALL used ink cartridges and cell phones (even if they are damaged) by bringing them into the office. We will be recycling them and receiving money for our media center in exchange!
3.VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME! JOIN US AT OUR NEXT MEETING or assist us in counting Vinckier Rewards or Aunt Millies labels.
“Like” us on Facebook – Yale Junior High PTO (click on 'YJH PTO' above to link to the page)