Turkey, & Stuffing, & Pie, Oh My!
November 15, 2018
* INCLEMENT WEATHER ANNOUNCEMENT *
* COMING UP *
Fall Drama Production
- Act One (1 hour)
- Intermission (15 minutes)
- Act Two (1 hour)
Monday, November 19th (Early Dismissal)
- 1:00-3:00 p.m. & 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Tuesday, November 20th (Early Dismissal)
- 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Please bring a copy of your scheduled appointment times/locations with you to conferences. Click HERE to access a printable version of faculty room assignments.
We will have an early dismissal on Wednesday, November 21st and school will be closed on Thursday, November 22nd and Friday, November 23rd in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. We wish you and your loved ones a peaceful, happy, delicious day full of laughter, family and friendship, and hope that the spirit of the holiday fills your heart with warmth and your home with love.
* HELP WANTED *
That's a Wrap!
The PTO is looking for volunteers to wrap gifts for a holiday fundraiser at Barnes & Noble on Saturday, December 15th and Sunday, December 16th. Gift wrapping will be done for donations. In addition, the PTO will be getting a portion of the sales from customers who use the vouchers (available at the store on that day). Last year we made $1,050 with this fundraiser, so please consider helping out by volunteering and/or shopping at B & N on these days to help support the music programs and the PTO. Students can also sign up (as long as there is an adult singed up in the same slot). You can also help by ordering books on line using the codes below:
- LHS Book fair code: 12401642 - 12/15 until midnight on 12/20
- LMS Book fair code: 12401634 - 12/16 until midnight on 12/21
Sign up for a 2-hour slot: Saturday, December 15th OR Sunday, December 16th
-LMS LHS PTO Board
* BRAG BAG *
Signing Day for Dapprich and Sukach
Two senior athletes signed their national letters of intent on Wednesday, November 14th.
Evelin Dapprich will play soccer at the University of Rhode Island, and Andrew Sukach will swim at Lehigh University. Congratulations Evelin and Andrew!
Seated next to Evelin is her mother, Janet Dapprich, and Lawrence’s varsity girls soccer coach Emily Palombo. Next to Andrew are his parents, Suitlana and Peter Sukach, with Mike Underwood (Coach), Ryan Shive (head boys swim coach), Gregg Zenerovitz (Athletic Director) and David Adam (Principal) standing behind.
Congratulations to the following football players for earning 1st and 2nd team recognition by the West Jersey Football League:
Dawson Aime – 1st Team, Linebacker
Jacoby Sherard – 1st Team, Defensive Line
Deon McLean – 1st Team, Defensive Back
Jake Bennett – 2nd Team, Wide Receiver
Malik Southward – 2nd Team, Defensive Back
Cory Frost – 2nd Team, Linebacker
Hugo Ruano – 2nd Team, Kicker
LHS Art teacher, Karen Donnelly, recently won Editor's Pick in the National Geographic Photo Contest! She submitted four entries, and one of them is now being featured on their website. There are thousands of entries and only 30 have been picked for Editor's Pick.
Voting will close on November 15th at 12:00 noon!
Link to vote: https://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/photos/12884882/
Link to featured Editor's Pick photo: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/photography/contests/photo-contest-2018/gallery/week-1-places/2/?fbclid=IwAR1eCXd7oj4O4UGBMxcr7VWItA8LGA_Cya_QWuC1J8moRAN9jIqz8sujPGU
* OTHER NEWS *
We are excited to inform you about a program we are planning to use in some classrooms on an as-needed basis, called “Reggie’s Robots," which is on loan from Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania (CHOP) and the Valerie Fund. This program utilizes a VGo Robot for students who are unable to attend school due to illness/injury, essentially allowing them to be present in class by logging in to a district-issued iPad that is connected to the robot and interacting with the instructor and his/her peers throughout the day. This is similar to Skype or Google Hangouts. The robot provides the student an opportunity to learn during classroom time, participate in school-wide programs and assemblies, and build relationships with classmates and school staff.
- Can the student who is logged in to the robot record what is going on in the classroom? The answer is “no”. The VGo is not designed to record. The student can take a snapshot of notes on the board or screen but that is the extent of capturing a picture. This is very similar to anyone being able to take a picture with their cell phone. When we train the students on how to use the robot, we discuss appropriate use.
- Who else will be able to see what’s going on in the classroom? When we instruct the student on proper use of the robot, we discuss with the parents that the student needs to be able to concentrate on school work. Depending on the illness/injury, there might be a parent nearby, an aide, a nurse, etc.
To learn more, please go to: www.region10.org/robots.
* ROTATION & BLOCK SCHEDULE *
* NOVEMBER LUNCH MENU *
* NOVEMBER SAVE-THE-DATES *
Thursday, November 15th through Saturday, November 17th
- Fall Drama Production (11/15 show cancelled due to the weather)
Monday, November 19th and Tuesday, November 20th
- Early Dismissal (Parent-Teacher Conferences)
Wednesday, November 21st
- Early Dismissal
Thursday, November 22nd and Friday, November 23rd
- Schools Closed (Thanksgiving Recess)
Wednesday, November 28th
- Picture Re-takes