The Mumper Minute
Week of October 19, 2015
Notes from Mrs. Mumper
- Please make sure you check your child's Bees Book everyday for important papers.
- Please place all homework in the homework page protector. It is located in your child's Bees book. This is where I look for homework.
- Week of October 19th: Stand up for others week
- Wednesday October 21st: Unity day - wear orange to show that together our school stands against bullying.
- Week of October 26th: Read ribbon week - Respect yourself and others.
- 10/26 - respect yourself - wear red to kick off the week!
- 10/27 - Follow your dreams and wear your PJ's!
- 10/28 - Turn your back on bad choices and wear mismatched/backwards clothes!
- 10/29 - Stay in the game and wear your favorite team jersey/shirt/colors!
- 10/30 - Bee a winner day! Show good character and dress up like a character from a book! It would be great if you would dress up as someone from Toys Go Out!
- SPP reading challenge! Tweet a pic of your Mighty Mind reading at home. Use #sppbeesread and tag the Mighty Minds (@mumpersclass)! Can't wait to see the Mighty Minds reading at home!
A note from Ms. Z the art teacher
Next week we will be painting in class and should you want to send old t-shirts or smocks for your child to wear during art they may do so next week! I have cubbies for all classes so students can store their shirts in my room throughout the year.
Ms. Courtney Zernhelt
Visual Art Teacher
Southern Pines Primary/Cameron Elementary
Clip Chart Hall of Fame
Isabella Robinson - 9/23/15
To be in the Hall of Fame a student must have 25 pink days!
Our class handle is : @MumpersClass
Check us out, comment, and let your child know what you think of their learning!
- 10 ping pong balls
- 8 cans of playdough
- A USB or 3.5mm computer microphone if you have one you are not using.
- Several shoebox size plastic storage containers.
- Can of compressed air: Like this
- Spelling city premium membership ($52.95) for the year
Comprehension- Fact and Opinion
Fluency - stress
Vocabulary Strategy - Suffixes(-er & -est)
Writing- write to inform
Math- Sums and differences within 100
Social Studies- Economics
- Reading Homework sheet
- Nightly Reading Log
- Spelling homework choice sheet
- Whoo's Reading online reading log
- Classroom rules, expectations, and procedures
- Mumper's Mighty Minds Handbook
- Curriculum Night presentation
- Mrs. Houseman's Welcome back Video
- Read to Achieve
- Common Core Video
- PBIS Student Assembly Video