A Weekly Newsletter for Warrior Families and Students
March 8, 2019
Dear Warrior Students & Families,
It was another great week here at MHS! Thank you to all of the families who attended our Parent-Teacher Conferences and our band concert. We truly appreciate the opportunity to meet together to share the talents and learning journey of your students. Your outstanding support and partnership is why Muskego High School is such a special place!
We hope you are enjoying our new weekly communication tool. If you have suggestions on how to improve it or have celebrations that we can share, please let us know!
Have an awesome week and GO WARRIORS!
March 18-20, 2019
Wisconsin Forward Social Studies Exam for 10th Graders
March 14 - School Day
March 15 - No School
Check out the full calendar!
Academic and Career Planning (ACP) Update
Jim Michlig Selected as College, Career, and Experiential Learning Coordinator
World Languages Summer 2020 Trip to Paris, France, Madrid, Spain
8th Annual Youth Art Month Show - 5th - 12th Grade
Muskego Public Library
Spread the Word to End the Word
The True Facts about College Athletic Recruiting
7:00 p.m. in the PAC
FREE and open to the public
Former college coach and recruiting expert, Jack Renkens has helped thousands of families around the country head down the right path of finding scholarships. Often it's down a path they didn't know existed. If your son or daughter truly has aspirations to play at the college level, this is a "can't miss" event. For more information visit www.recruitingrealities.com.
- This past Friday the MHS Forensics team competed at the Eisenhower Subdistrict tournament. Every single team member advanced to the District tournament, to be held 3/16! Then on Saturday the team competed at Whitnall and earned a 2nd Place Team trophy...plus individually won four 1st Place trophies, six 2nd Place trophies, two 3rd Place trophies and three Finalist medals! Awesome work Speech Warriors!
- Congratulations to Kaitlin Foley and Matthew Redlinger for placing 6th in the nation in the LifeSmarts competition and advancing to FBLA Nationals in San Antonio, TX!
- Muskego High School Engineering Design & Development students participated in the Waukesha Colleges Science and Engineering Fair on March 2, 2019 at the University of Milwaukee at Waukesha. They presented their work with other students from the area and earned top honors:
Filtration of Carbonic Acid out of Water: Jack Maher and Jasmine Narine
Grand Prize Winners: Best of the Fair
First Place; Chemistry/ Biochemistry/ Environmental Category
Jacobs Environment Award
Protecting Batteries from Heat Damage to Extend Lifetime: Luke Miller and Ian Schultz
3rd Place in Engineering Category
Biodegradable Plastic Alternative: Ethan Jacoy and Ryan Kaufman
Third Place; Chemistry/ Biochemistry/ Environmental Category
Students will participate in the Badger State Science and Engineering Fair on March 16, 2019 at the Milwaukee School of Engineering Student Union.
- Congratulations to the Gymnastics Team on their State wins:
Team First Place (Elizabeth Missiaen, Therese Missiaen, Krystal Nelson, Emilie Rochon, and Isabella Wong)
- Krystal Nelson - 2nd Place on floor and bars; 3rd Place all around; and 4th Place on beam
- Elizabeth Missiaen - 6th Place on floor
- Isabella Wong - 3rd Place on bars
- Congratulations Kobe Ramazini and Jeremy Radovich for placing 3rd in the state at the ADAMM automotive competition held at the Milwaukee Auto Show last Friday.