Patience and Sarah
Six Steps of Naturalization
2. You must live in the US continuously for 5 year after filing for naturalization. Once one has applied, he is expected to establish and maintain continuous residency.
3. Establish actual residency. You must live in the state prior to filing for at least 3 months.
4. Acquire a basic knowledge of US government and history. You must take the naturalization test which involves a Naturalization Self Test section and a comprehensive Naturalization test section.
5. You must exemplify moral character and an understanding of the US Constitution.
6. You must be at least 18 years old. Exceptions are allowed for children of permanent residents.