Sevier Scoop...Parent Edition
Welcome back from fall break! I hope you were able to spend some time resting and were able to enjoy some down time. The first nine weeks seemed to fly by and we are now into the second nine weeks. I encourage you to look into Aspen and keep up with your child's progress. If you have questions about assignments or grades, please reach out to the teacher. We want to partner with you to ensure students students are learning and growing. If you need access to Aspen please contact our Counseling Center and speak with Ms. Franklin.
Thank you for your help in stopping the the vandalism that was spurred on by social media. We hope that trend is one we don't see again!
Canvas Update and Info...
In order to support all KCS Families to access & use Canvas, I wanted to ensure that you have access to the following resources:
A note from Ms. Moore our Family Liaison...
October Family Engagement Events:
- Thursday, October 21st from 4:00-5:30 Painting with Mr. Hilton. For anyone who hasn't attended or is new, this is a huge event. Mr. Hilton leads our families to create a masterpiece. Everyone leaves with a painted picture. All supplies included.
- Thursday, October 28th from 3:30-5:00 Community Outreach at Reedy Pointe. We will have academic games and snacks.
Updates and Reminders
- No school for students on Friday, Oct. 22. This is a professional learning day for teachers.
- Flu shots will be given to students on Wednesday, Oct. 20. If you signed permission at the beginning of the year for your child to get a flu shot at school on Wednesday.
We can now do COVID testing in the clinic (staff and students) and telemedicine will be available as soon as we return from Fall Break.
- Yearbook pre-orders are now live! Reserve your copy of the yearbook! Visit ybpay.com and use school code 13619722 to order your copy of the yearbook!
- Make up picture day will be Nov. 1st.
- Homework help daily after school until 3:30.
- Tutoring available daily beginning at 7:00 am.
Get Involved at Sevier....
Wrestling Practice will begin on Monday October 18 3:00-5:00 in room 226.
The next JROTC meeting will be Monday October 18 until 4:00 in the auditorium. Everyone is invited to attend! Snacks provided! See Mrs. Moore or Mrs. McMurray for more information.
Any boy or girl interested in playing golf that did not attend the golf informational meeting needs to see Mr. Fissel in room 107 sometime this week.
JSMS Boys Basketball Final Tryouts - All Athletes who made the cuts and fall sports participants 6th, 7th, 8th graders - October 18th, 19th, and 20.
Attention all Science Geniuses! It's almost Science Olympiad time at Sevier! Tryouts will be the week after fall break. Please plan to stay to take the tryout test for 1 hour on one day Tuesday-Friday of that week in Mr. Way's room on the seventh grade hallway. You will need a ride to pick you up promptly at 4pm at the front of the building. Bring your Chromebook. Build contraptions, solve crimes, and prove you're the smartest around in the Science Olympiad. All grades are encouraged to try out!
Save the Date....
- Oct. 28--Fall Chorus Concert
- Dec. 7--Holiday Chorus Concert
- Dec. 9--Holiday Orchestra Concert