Clarks Creek Chronicles
March, 2017 - News and Notes to Keep You Connected
A Note From the Principal
Things are moving full-speed ahead with construction at Clarks Creek! I mentioned last month that there would be additional updates forthcoming. There are three things that will be happening in the near future that I want to be sure you're aware of.
- Roof replacement/repair will begin before the end of the month. You may see workers in, around, and ON the building to complete this work.
- Plainfield Community Schools is building an Imagination Lab in the old natatorium space! This is HUGE news and will be a remarkable place for all elementary-aged students in Plainfield Community Schools. While this space will not open until fall of 2018, work will begin in the next few weeks. There will be much more about this project coming from the district in the near future. In the meantime, click the box below to read the story in the Hendricks County Flyer about the Imagination Lab.
- The playground is moving! To accommodate additional parking for the Imagination Lab and to take advantage of the track that already exists on our campus, our playground is going to be moving to the inside of the track! This move will not take place until right after school is out, but some site/prep work will begin in the space inside the track soon after spring break. Having the capacity to use the track during recess will be a great addition to the play activities for our kids, but we are also going to be adding a few new pieces of equipment, shown below.
As you can see, these are exciting times! I'll continue to provide more information as it comes up. Thanks, in advance, for working with us through any "growing pains" we may encounter through this process. We are blessed to be in a school district that conducts such extensive planning measures that allow projects like this to become a reality! Our lives will be filled with bulldozers, dump-trucks, and other work vehicles over the next year, but in the end, it will all be worth it, and our kids will be the beneficiaries!
WE NEED YOUR HELP!!
Click the Link Above to See the Website Calendar
- March 10 - End Third Nine Weeks
- March 11 - Spring Carnival 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- March 12 - Spring Forward! Set your clocks ahead 1 hour!
- March 13-March 17 - IREAD-3 Testing Window for Grade 3
- March 13 - PTO Meeting in Library - 6:30 p.m. - enter door 3
- March 15 - Report Cards Go Home
- March 17 - PRIDE Convocation #3 - 2:30 in gym
- March 22 - Talent Show 6 - 9:00 pm - gym
- March 24-April 2nd - Spring Break
- April 5-6 - Kindergarten Enrollment - see info below
4/6 and 4/7 Fifth Grade Trip to Flat Rock YMCA Camp
4/10 PTO Meeting 6:30pm - Library - enter door 3
4/10-4/14 Spring Book Fair
4/13 Grandparent's Night 4:30-6pm
4/17 - 5/5 ISTEP+ Testing Gr. 3-5, Part 2
4/19 Mobile Dentist
"Testing Season" Is Upon Us - Still!
Here is what the Indiana Department of Education has to say about IREAD 3:
The purpose of the Indiana Reading Evaluation And Determination (IREAD-3) assessment is to measure foundational reading standards through grade three. Based on the Indiana Academic Standards, IREAD-3 is a summative assessment that was developed in accordance with House Enrolled Act 1367 (also known as Public Law 109 in 2010), which "requires the evaluation of reading skills for students who are in grade three beginning in the Spring of 2012 to ensure that all students can read proficiently before moving on to grade four."
The 3rd Quarter PRIDE Convocation is Almost Here!
One School, One Book
Reminder - Visiting for Lunch
Thanks to everyone who helped out with the Valentine's Day parties! We couldn't do it without you!
Spring Carnival is almost here! The Spring Carnival will be held on 3/11/17. We are still in need of volunteers! See the link above to offer your time and talents to make this a great event!
Walk-A-Thon will be held on 4/28. This will be similar to previous years where students for our school and Brentwood will walk together. Our Walk-A-Thon committees are busy organizing donations, activities, and preparing for a great day.
Are you interested in being a part of the PTO board? PTO will be accepting nominations for the 2017-2018 school year at the March meeting. It is a fun way to support our students, parents, teachers, and school. For more information, please contact the PTO!
3/11- Spring Carnival
3/13- PTO Meeting
4/10- PTO Meeting
4/10-14- Book Fair
4/13- Grandparent’s Night
Reminder - Volunteer at Clarks Creek!
Another thing we ask all volunteers to complete annually is the Volunteer Confidentiality Form. This form is available in the school office and should also be completed before the first volunteer experience.
We appreciate the help of all of our volunteers! We couldn't do it without you!