Tips for children on how to be safe online!
Tips for Online Safety
- Never meet with someone you first met online. If they ask, tell your parents or guardian about this person.
- Never share any password to any site with anyone, including your best friend. The only person that should know your passwords are your parents of guardian.
- Use the privacy settings of social networking sites. Set your privacy to either yourself only or just your friends are able to see.
- If anything makes you feel uncomfortable while using any technology, go tell your parent or guardian right away.
- Do not give out any personal information to anyone you just met online.
Child predators often hang out on social networking, gaming, and chat sites to find their victims.
About 15 % of youth between the ages of 10 and 17 have had a person contact them over the internet with a message that was sexual in nature.
Safe Web Surfing: Top Tips for Kids and Teens Online