"The person who can make hard things easy is an educator."
Bachelor Degree in Secondary Education Mathematics
Butler Community College - Expected Graduation date May 2016
Associate in Arts for Secondary Education
Student Teacher, Derby High School, Grades 9-12, March – May 2018
- Prepared lesson plans independently for 9 weeks based on the given math curriculum incorporating reality-based discussions and hands on activities.
- Maintained effective classroom management using a daily bell ringer, a solid agenda, engaging activities, prompts and one on one check-ins.
- Employed “problem of the day” to reinforce previously taught skills and help prepare students for the ACT.
- Adapted lessons for advanced students and students with learning and other disabilities.
- Collaborated with other math teachers during department planning meeting.
Interactive Field Experience
- Gained experience in various teaching methods involving inclusion in the classroom while observing 3 different teachers interact with regular and special education students.
- Observed Special Education classroom and pull out intervention instruction
White Elementary, Wichita, KS - Fall 2015.
- Gained experience in various teaching methods involving inclusion in the classroom while observing 5 different teachers from the kindergarten through 5th grade levels.
- Observed a variety of classroom management techniques.
Derby North Middle School, Derby, KS - Fall 2015
- Observed a variety of middle school mathematics from math in the special education room, to 6th grade math, to algebra.
- Observed a variety of teaching methods including modifications to accommodate students with IEP's.