LHR Monday Memo
January 4, 2016
Rather Junior High...Home of the BEST STUDENTS and TEACHERS in Texas!
Mon. 1/4 - Impromptu Fire Drill :-) [replaces Fire Drill scheduled for 1/14/16]
Thur. 1/7 - Basketball vs Quinlan (Boys @ home; Girls away)
Fri. 1/8 - S.T.A.R. card reward = Movie Theater coupons
Mon. - Fri. 1/11-1/15 - Benchmark and Quarterly Testing (see below)
Fri. 1/15 - End of 2nd Quarter and 1st Semester
QUARTERLY AND BENCHMARK ASSESSMENTS
Monday, 1/11/15 = 2nd Quarter Assessments (non-STAAR subjects)
- Department-developed Quarterly Assessment that covers 2nd Quarter TEKS
- Regular Bell Schedule...test in regular class periods
- 7th Grade Social Studies
- 7th Grade Science
Tuesday - Friday, 1/12/15-1/15/15 = Benchmark Assessments (STAAR subjects)
- District-developed Benchmark Assessment that covers all testable TEKS for the course
- Alternate Bell Schedule...4 hour testing blocks (schedule coming soon)
- Tuesday, Jan. 12th - 7th Grade Math and 8th Grade Reading
- Wednesday, Jan. 13th - 7th Grade Reading and 8th Grade Math
- Thursday, Jan. 14th - 7th Grade Writing and 8th Grade Science
- Friday, Jan. 15th - 8th Grade Social Studies
- Fire Drill Debrief - Don't forget to take your Emergency Flip Chart with you when you evacuate the building. Teachers should stand near the front of their class line and hold up the green or red cards from their Emergency Manuals.
- Please make sure you are preparing your students for next week's testing.
- Continue to monitor students during passing periods. Do not leave students unattended in your classroom or anywhere else on campus.
- Be consistent in following your students' IEP, 504 and ESL accommodations. These are legally binding and there is no excuse for not knowing and complying with these requirements.
- Thank you to everyone who participated in the Christmas Angel (Little Indian) gift drive. Your generosity made Christmas a lot brighter for many children in our community.
- We want to express our sincere gratitude to each of you for your willingness to work hard and embrace new programs and policies this school year. YOU are what makes things work and YOU are the ones who make a difference in the lives of our students. THANK YOU!!