How to Stay Safe on the Internet
Why is internet safety important?
If you are being cyber bullied, you need to tell someone you trust. A teacher, friend or parent will be able to help you.
- Nearly 43% of kids have been bullied online. 1 in 4 has had it happen more than once.
- 70% of students report seeing frequent bullying online.
Tips to stay safe on the internet!
- Never give out personal information on the internet
- Never talk to strangers
- Tell your parents if you ever feel uncomfortable with something on the internet
- Never send pictures of yourself to strangers
- Always ask your parents before downloading anything to avoid viruses
- Always think before saying anything to hurt others on the internet
11 Facts About Cyber Bullying. Retreived from
Chatel, Ryan. “Internet Safety”. Online Video Clip. Youtube. Youtube, Jun 14 2007. Web. Jul 7 2013. Retrieved from
Good Housekeeping. “Mistakes Even Smart Kids Make Online”. Online Video Clip. Youtube. Youtube, Web. Jul 7 2013. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPbm478fD5M
Jamiejoyh, (2013) Internet Safety Elementary. [PowerPoint Slides] Retrieved from http://www.slideshare.net/jaimejoyh/internet-safety-lower-elementary
Kids Heath, (2013). Internet Safety. Retrieved from