#MichED Chat 12/3/14
Putting the Local in Learning
Wednesday 8:00 p.m.
This week we will have a conversation on putting the local in learning. Questions will revolve around:
- Examples of place-based education
- Community partners and education
- Engaging partners for education in the community
- How are community and place related to student achievement?
Moderators: Mike Posthumus (@mike_posthumus) & Mike Kaechele (@mikekaechele)
1. How does Place-based learning focus on local issues?
2. What are the similarities and differences between project-based and place-based learning?
3. How can place-based education be enhanced by active community partner engagement?
4. How can place-based education be enhanced by active community partner engagement?
5. Who is adopting place-based education into their schools and districts at scale?
6. Share some examples of place-based projects in different subjects and levels (k-college).
7. How do I take the first step in activating a place-based education project?