Welleby Elementary: Weekly Tidbits
Week of February 1, 2016
Can you Believe it's February??
We are already one month into the new year!! It's definitely crunch time mode as all of our grade levels are focused on helping students meet their end of year standards. We need your help in encouraging your student(s) and holding them accountable for high academic achievement. Please have daily conversations with them about the work they do and set high expectations. Don't allow them to settle! Create a "CAN DO" attitude with them! Believe in them because I do!!
Have a Fantastic Week!
Ways Parents Can Help a Child LEARN to Read
Ways Parents Can Help a Child WITH Reading
This Week's Events
- GROUNDHOG DAY
- Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day
- 3rd Grade Field Trip: Butterfly World
- Honor Roll Assemblies: see below for details
- Menchie's Family Night
- 5th Grade Field Trip: Biztown
- 100th Day of School!!!!
- Saturday Science Academy: 8:30AM to 11:30AM for students in Gr. 4 & 5 with parent permission
Calendar Events Subject to Change
Honor Roll Assembly Times
- Grade 3: 8:00AM
- Grade 4: 8:45AM
- Grade 5: 9:30AM