Start your medical assisting career with Butte County ROP
Apply to participate in Butte County ROP's Medical Assistant Program
This program is designed to prepare students with the necessary knowledge, skills and experience for entry-level employment as a medical assistant in a doctor’s office, medical clinic or health service agency.
Program content includes medical/surgical asepsis, assisting with the physical examination, office surgery, electrocardiographs, administration of medications, basic laboratory skills, assisting with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and specialized medical practice.
Upon successful completion, students will be eligible for the California Certified Medical Assistant (CCMA) exam.
- *Participants must be 18 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or equivalent
- TB clearance and Hepatitis B immunization required
- Find out more at: https://cte.bcoe.org/medical-assistant.html
- Class is a combination of lecture, laboratory and community classroom experiences
- Please check our website for upcoming class dates and times.
- This course is approved for federal financial aid. Please complete a FAFSA application to determine eligibility.
- ROP's school code is 042205.