- Grassland biomes are large land areas of grass and plants, with very few trees.
- 25% of the Earth is covered by grassland.
- Grassland biomes can be found in Midwestern part of the U.S.
- There are only 2 seasons in the grasslands, the growing season (warm) and, the dormant season (cold).
- The growing season in a grassland biome lasts from 100-175 days, with temperatures up to 70°F.
- The dormant season can have temperatures down to -40°F.
- The average rainfall for grasslands range from 10-30 inches a year.
- Common animals found in grassland biomes are Buffalo, Wolves, Deer, Wild Turkey, Bobcats, and Canadian Geese.
- The soil in grasslands is very fertile, good for growing wheat, oats, clover, and corn.