Week of December 11th and week of 18th
* Mass this week is on Tuesday.
* The Blues bookworm minutes might be hard to remember to complete and turn in. However, try to have them turned in by Dec. 19th. Thank you!
* Dec. V.I.P projects are also due on Dec. 19th.
* We will be having a class Christmas party on Dec. 20th at 10:45, which is also a noon dismissal. Thank you to all the parents who have been working hard to put this all together. I'm sure it will be a great time!
* Wednesday, Dec. 20th is also a Dress UP day. Please refer to the handbook for guidelines.
*Our class mass in December 20th
Also, thank you for bringing in the box tops. Don't forget the blues reading minutes for December!
** I am sending home decidable readers 11-20 home with your child to read over break. Please read with them each day. Thank you!
Next two weeks Plans
Reading and Phonics:
In our Phonics lessons this week we will learn how to read and spell:
* vowel y
* suffix ing
* suffix y
* combination er and “bossy r”
* trigraph igh
This week: We will read "The Mitten" and work on concepts such as comprehension, sequencing, and story elements. We will also write about the story.
Next week: We will work in Reading and L.A. centers. We will read Moostletoe, practice problem and solution, and learn how to write a friendly letter.
Math: For the next two weeks in Math, we will continue learning about comparing numbers up to 20 using place value and take our Chapter 7 over place value.
Religion: In Religion this week and next, we will learn about Advent as the time where we get ready to celebrate Jesus’ birth. We will also learn about the virtue of generosity. The students will begin presenting their Jesse Tree paragraphs and ornaments to the class.
Tests and Reminders
· High Frequency Word test is on Tuesday.
· Grace After Meals prayer test is on Thursday.
· D.O.L test is on Thursday.
· Phonics Assessment over: final stable syllables fle,ble, dle,tle, and gle and sight words don’t and won’t is Friday.
· Spelling Test on Friday over words: sleep, clock, must, long, with, insect, we, sanding, brisk, like, been, does
Sentences: He has been resting at home. Does the clock ring at ten?
· Chapter 7 Math Test on Tuesday, Dec. 19th.