Ms. Kelp's Weekly News
Week of: September 19th
sara, Brianna, Hayden, Kameron, Hellen
Working on sequence sorts.
Blake, Alvin, Collin
Practicing spelling words during word work station!
Brianna and Bella
Setting up SeeSaw, our online journals! Parents please be looking for an email to set up your parent account to stay connected to your child's journal.
Next Week's Focus
Skills: Cause and Effect
Study vocabulary words and their meanings! List goes home on Monday and should stay in the GREEN take home folder!
We will be learning how to estimate/round numbers to the nearest 10 and 100. Will will also be estimating sums and differences. Test on Friday!
Phonemic Pattern: c and g sounds
Spelling list goes home on Monday. Please study at home!
Test on Friday!
We are focusing on "strong story starters" and "exciting endings". We will be editing old stories and making them more interesting and attention getting to our readers.
Geography! This week we will focus on continents, oceans, and hemispheres.
Integrity: to tell the truth and do the right thing even when no one is looking!
Students "caught with character" displaying the life skill of the week will be in a drawing for a QR reward code.
Please have the EdPuzzle app (and any other apps already provided) downloaded by MONDAY SEPT. 19th! We will be using it on Tuesday and Wednesday this week!
Things to Remember:
- Each student will need to bring in a pair of headphone/earbud to keep at school!
- iPads will need to be brought to school daily, fully charged
- iPads will be used for production, not consumption. We will use them to utilize the curriculum. (no gaming)
- iPads are not used during indoor recess
- iPads are not out on the bus
- iPads are not out at the YMCA unless parents have communicated and signed off with the Y that they can be used for specific homework/assignments
- iPads will never go in the restroom
Related Arts Schedule
Friday: Library, Music (changes every 9 weeks)