CRAZY SOCK DAY
In Memory of President Bush
THURSDAY WILL BE CRAZY SOCKS DAY!
In memory of our 41st President, Mr. George H.W Bush, we will have crazy sock day TOMORROW, THURSDAY, 12/6.
FUN FACT: President Bush had an affinity for crazy socks! Pictures can be seen of him wearing fun, crazy socks with his suits for various occasions. Please join us in remembering one of our nation's leaders by wearing crazy socks this Thursday.
Christmas Parade TOMORROW!
- TIME CHANGE for the PARADE this WEEK! We are participating in the Texas City Christmas Parade this Thursday. Extended Day will end at 4:30 on Thursday and we will LOAD and LEAVE by 4:45 (instead of 5:00 pm). We want to leave that cushion to drive carefully to the parade line-up location. We will LINE UP by 5:00 pm. The parade starts at 5:30 pm.
- The theme is ROCKIN FALCONS. Scholars may wear SPIRIT SHIRTS and Jeans. If your scholar is a cheerleader, they will need wear the cheer uniform as outlined by Coach Pursley. If your scholar is a volleyball or basketball athlete, he/she may ride on the Athletics Float and wear their RED colored jersey and jeans. Remember we want to add touches of ROCK n ROLL—sunglasses, colored hair strips (red or green for Christmas) etc.
- Parents cannot ride in the parade; they may walk beside the float if desired.
- WE NEED ALL SCHOLARS WHO ARE IN THE PARADE TO BRING AT LEAST ONE BAG OF CANDY TO THROW!
- We need help decorating the floats from 3:30-4:45 pm after school Thursday.
- Students CANNOT be left after-school unless a parent is present to monitor them. Students will either need to be picked up and dropped off around 4:30, or they can attend extended day, or they can help decorate the floats IF a parent is present to monitor them.