The Great Debate:Year Round School
Why year round school is beneficial for modern day schools
- Schools had summer blocks so students could help on the farm.
- It was not for students to "take a break"
- Summer blocks outdated
- more frequent breaks means less cramming for exams
| || |
- Many students forget what they have learned over the summer break
- must relearn what they forgot.
- in traditional school, students have to cram there studying into the year without breaks
- some schools are doing a 45 to 15 day ratio
- some schools are doing a 60 to 20 day ratio
- some schools are doing a 90 to a 30 day ratio
10% of public schools are year round
the dropout rate in year round schools is lower than in non year round schools
from 1987-2014 the percent increase in year round schooling is 544%
end of year test scores are higher in year round schools
46 states have year round education