Scientific Questionnaire Design
By: Meghna Pinnaka, Sai Kondepati
Type of Investigation
Parts of the Experiment
2. Independent Variable - Number of AP Courses taken
3. Control - None
4. Experimental Group - Students that attend CHS
5. Two Factors Held Constant - Students that attend CHS and the questions asked were two factors held constant throughout the experiment. The 2 questions were:
- How many AP courses do you take?
- How many hours of sleep do you get?
The hypothesis was not supported and the purpose was not achieved. The number of AP courses a student at CHS takes does not affect the amount of sleep he/she gets.
Sources of Inaccuracies/Errors
Duval, Sylviane. "Most High School Students Are Sleep Deprived." Most High School Students Are Sleep Deprived. N.p., 5 Jan. 2010. Web. 09 Sept. 2015.
McCann, Kathleen. "AASM News Archive." AASM. N.p., 15 May 2008. Web. 09 Sept. 2015.
Designing a Scientific Questionnaire packet