The Generals' Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 11/1/2020
Are travel plans in your future?
If you visit any of the states on this list, your student should quarantine for 14 days. The good news is that he/she may access all of his/her classes virtually during that time.
Additionally, if you are traveling out of the country, here is information on travel advisories. https://bit.ly/3ed1x1e If you visit a Level 2 or Level 3 country, your student would also need to quarantine for 14 days.
It is a team effort to keep our students and staff safe. We thank you in advance for your honesty and vigilance in following these safety protocols.
Safe Tech Booster
We are so appreciative of the partnership with families in order to give our students the best experience possible while maintaining a safe and healthy environment. We lean on technology more than ever this year, and as you know, technology is a powerful tool which can support and engage student learning. It can also hinder class attention and social emotional well being when used inappropriately. Over the first two months of school, we have seen an overwhelmingly positive use of technology. While we regularly boost expectations in regards to technology use, we have seen some instances of poor decision making when it comes to acceptable use of technology. We ask that you boost the following with your student:
- Respectful and responsible Generals uphold the same standards of communication on Zoom and in electronic class discussions as they would if they were sitting in the classroom.
- Respectful and responsible Generals only utilize the screenshot feature appropriately - taking photos of classmates without their knowledge and permission is not appropriate.
- Respectful and responsible Generals conduct personal conversations with their friends outside of school technology, as they know that everything they write and post is monitored, and inappropriate content is flagged.
Other safe technology recommended practices include creating a device charging station that is not in your child's bedroom, but a central location in the household. Monitor communication from your child's cell phone and school Chrome when you feel it is appropriate.
Thank you for your continued support in helping us to educate students on the appropriate use of technology and giving them developmentally appropriate opportunities to engage with it, but also non technological experiences.
Governor's Educator of the Year
Please see the following letter from Dr. Dianne Brethauer, Assistant Superintendent, regarding Educator of the Year nominations: https://bit.ly/35IfmRL
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, November 11, 2020
Reminder: Student Dismissal
If your child is a car rider, please review the following dismissal pick-up procedures:
- All parents enter the parking lot between Eisenhower and Catena (green arrows.)
- For those picking up a sixth grade student, follow the signs directing you through the center of the lot, around the turn to the right, pulling up along the sixth grade side of the building (yellow arrows.)
- For those picking up a 7th or 8th grade student, once in the lot you will turn left and follow the signs around the lot proceeding to the back of the building, lining up along the cafeteria side of the building. Once buses have left, you will be directed to drive to the front of the building to pick up your child (pink arrows.)
- If you have students in 6th and 7th or 8th, please decide as a family where your pick up location will be.
Information for 8th Grade Students
- Please visit the FRHSD Magnet Site for all information: https://bit.ly/3jotoO7
Monmouth County Vocational School District-Program Information
- For information on Career Academies in the Monmouth County Vocational School District, please visit - https://www.mcvsd.org/schools/
- For information on admission procedures, please visit https://www.mcvsd.org/admissions/career-academy-admissions/
Please use the following link to reserve your copy: https://bit.ly/2SWiAuL
- To report your child absent if he/ she is neither well enough to come to school nor attend school virtually.
- If your child is not feeling well, and he/she is scheduled to attend school in person, please keep your child home. He/she may still access school virtually and be marked present for the school day. However, you must call the attendance line to let us know.
- Welcome Letter: https://bit.ly/35kW7io
- Membership Form: https://bit.ly/2F7xPxU
- Committee Descriptions: https://bit.ly/2Fe0tgl
- Parent Volunteer Form: https://bit.ly/3ieuFXd
- Next PTO Meeting: Monday, December 7, 2020 @ 6:30pm via Zoom
- Save the Date! The 5th Annual Pocketbook Bingo & Gift Auction will be held on Friday, April 23, 2021!
Just a reminder:
- Please be sure chrombooks are charged and ready each day.
- Don't forget your headphones to be used during your Related Arts classes!
Mark Your Calendar!
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020: Election Day-All students will attend school virtually
- Thursday, November 5, 2020: School Closed
- Friday, November 6, 2020: School Closed
- Friday, November 20, 2020 to Tuesday, November 24, 2020: Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Monday, December 7, 2020: Virtual PTO Meeting @ 6:30pm via Zoom