The Cub Corner- Special Edition
Welcome to Millbridge Members of the Class of 2035
We are very excited to welcome you and your child to the Millbridge School family. The talented, dedicated staff of teachers and support personnel at our school will work to ensure that your child’s first year of school is an amazing one.
An orientation meeting for kindergarten students and parents will be held from
10:00 – 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, September 6th. Parents and guardians will have the opportunity to ride the bus to school with their kindergarten student on the day of orientation. Due to the 10:00 a.m. start time, the busses will pick you up 1 hour after the time is listed in parent portal. If you have not received this information, please contact transportation at 856-461-1553. We strongly encourage the students who will be riding the bus to do so on this day.
Please note, only the kindergarten students and their parents and guardians are permitted to attend orientation. We kindly request that childcare arrangements are made for any siblings. This would be a great time to bring your childś school supplies.
At this time, you will be introduced to our kindergarten teachers and other pertinent support staff members. A short visit to your child’s classroom to meet his or her individual teacher will take place after a general information session which will be held in the cafeteria.
September 7, 2022- 1:00 Dismissal
Kindergarten students ONLY will be dismissed at 1:00. Please make the necessary arrangements for your child’s after-school care.
All kindergartners are asked to bring a snack or lunch. Students attending YMCA Primetime are encouraged to bring two snacks.
The YMCA Primetime program will be available for kindergarten students on the first day of school at the 1:00pm dismissal.
Students will eat their snacks in the cafeteria on the first day to help them begin to learn the cafeteria procedures. This will enable them to eat familiar foods from home and practice lunchroom skills without the complications of managing money.
New Drop Off
AM DROP OFF
- Please follow the arrows on the ground as you will enter and exit from the same area.
- Drive through parking lot to loop, once you are closest to the drop off area a staff member will open the back passenger door and assist your child out of the car.
- Your child should have all school materials in the back and ready to get out of the car with seatbelt off.
- As you are in park and waiting please have your child's backpack on.
- If your child is eating breakfast in the car, please have them finished before they exit the vehicle.
- Please remember, parents should stay in the vehicle at all times.
PM PICK UP
- Fast Pass pictures for the 22-23 school year for Kindergarten students will be taken on 9/20-9/22. Forms will be available prior to this date for you to fill out and bring back. Prior to fast passes being issued, please park and enter the cafeteria and have your government issued photo ID available.
- If a person is picking up that is not a parent or guardian, he or she should be listed in the parent portal as an approved emergency contact and have pick up permission.
- You may request up to two fast passes per student. These should be used for the primary pick up person.
- 3 Packs of Crayola Crayons - 24 count
- 4 Dry Erase Markers - Expo - Black - Fine
- 1 Dry Eraser - Expo
- 1 Folder - Plastic & Pocket - Green
- 1 Folder - Plastic & Pocket - Red
- 1 Folder - Plastic & Pocket - Yellow
- 2 Erasers - Papermate - Pink Pearl - Large
- 1 Set Multicolor Dividers (5 Tab)
- 1 Pair of Blunt Tip Kid Scissors - 5"
- 3 Jumbo Elmer Glue Sticks - .77 oz
- 1 Pack of Crayola Markers - 10 Count - Thin
- 1 Pack of Crayola Markets - 10 Count - Thick
- 1 Inch White Binder with View Finder
- 1 20-Count Sheet Protectors
- 2 School Boxes - Pencil Box Size - 8 x 5 x 2.5
Getting Ready for Kindergarten
Thinking About Lunch
On Thursday, September 7th and Friday, September 8th, kindergartners are encouraged to bring a packed lunch. The children have 20 minutes to eat their lunch and 20 minutes for recess. Sometimes at the beginning of the school year, it is difficult for children to eat in the 20-minute time frame. For this reason, please consider the following: parents may have a tendency to pack more items than a small child can eat. If you select items that are sealed in packets, such as boxes of raisins, granola bars, or small packs of cookies, you can ask your child to bring these things home if they are not eaten during lunch. It is amazing how many children throw out unopened items from a lunch box!
If you want to purchase breakfast and/or lunch for your child, we encourage you to go to our school website under parent tab and create an account. If your child purchases lunch, you are encouraged to pre-pay on this lunch account. If you are sending in a check, please make checks payable to Nutri-Serve. If sending money, please use an envelope marked with your child’s name, teacher and student ID number, and exactly what is to be purchased. All money will be sent to the cafeteria in the morning and placed on your child's account.
A Final Thought
Dates to Know
September 6th- Kindergarten Orientation 10 am
September 7th- First Day of School, Single Session for Kindergarten, 1:00 Dismissal
September 29th - Kindergarten Open House