Volumen 16, Edicion 10 - Deciembre 22, 2022
Hello Fronteras Families! The most wonderful time of year is rapidly approaching and you know I'm talking about middle school wrestling season! Practice starts Monday, Jan 9 (2:45-4:30pm, M-F). Now is the perfect time to make sure your 6th-8th grade wrestler has a valid sports physical and gear that fits: shoes, headgear, mouthguard (mandatory for wrestlers with braces).
Want to help support Fronteras wrestling, on or off the mat? Email me at email@example.com and let's provide these hard working kiddos with another amazing season.
Important announcement! Fronteras no bus day is only Tuesdays now until further notice!!! YaaaHOOOO
Click here for a link to community resources for families during Thanksgiving and Christmas!
Middle School Christmas Carolers!
Alaska Teacher of the Year Nominations Now Open for 2022-2023
Do you know an inspiring and passionate educator deserving of the recognition of Alaska Teacher of the Year?
In addition to being awesome, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Has five or more years experience in the field of education
- Is an expert in their field who guides students of all backgrounds and abilities to achieve excellence
- Collaborates with colleagues, students, and families to create a school culture of respect and success
- Deliberately connects the classroom and key stakeholders to foster a strong community at large
- Demonstrates leadership and innovation in and outside of the classroom walls
- Expresses themselves in an engaging and articulate way
- Contributes to the field of education and strives to strengthen the profession
You may submit your nomination HERE. If you have questions about the Teacher of the Year program, email DEED.SRS@alaska.gov.
It's time to order your 2022-2023 Fronteras Yearbook!
- Go to www.treering.com/validate
- Enter school passcode: 1014981488732281
Feline Tree Beasts!
Grinchy Day at Fronteras!
Minutos de Sra. Hutchins!
Hello Fronteras Families!
What a fantastic final week together! We are so grateful to all who attended our Christmas concert! We appreciate your support and your willingness to arrange your personal and work schedules to attend!
THANK YOU for the amazing kindness you showed us this week! We have enjoyed delicious baked goods and sweet treats every day! Thank you! Thank you!
We SO appreciate our incredible volunteers! Special Santa gifts were delivered, morning and afternoon traffic was safely managed, recycling was collected, sidewalks were cleared, extra hands helped with class and school projects, and library books were checked in! We are grateful for all the time you gave!
Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a relaxing winter break! Best wishes for a fabulous start to the New Year! We look forward to seeing you January 9th!
“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” Ralph Waldo Emmerson