BMS Library Media Center
2014-2015 Annual Report
BMS Library Media Center 2014-2015 Annual Report
The school library program was busy during the 2014-2015 school year with book check outs, book talks, book passes, research lessons and digital video creation.
In our annual report, we include statistics and information about what has been going on in our school library. Enjoy!
It's all about the books!
- Print & digital check outs for the school year: 12, 519
- Total number of classes in for book talks, book passes & check out: 77
- Individual student visits to read & check out: 1,605
Collaboration is what we do in the library!
First Quarter Collaborations:
- Blogging with Ms. Evans, 8th grade ELA/SS
- Max the Mighty Research with Mrs. Brown, 8th grade ELA
- Finding and citing images for blogs with Mrs. Mixson, 6th grade Science
- Finding and citing images for blogs with Ms. Evans, 8th grade ELA/SS
- Learning how to use Wevideo with Ms. Evans, 8th grade ELA/SS
- Infographics in Discovery Ed with Mrs. Eisele, 7th grade Science
- Evaluating websites using the CART method with Mr. Ellisor, 6th grade Science & Mrs. Elliott-Smith, 6th grade SS
- Research with Ms. Russ, Ms. Tayler and Dr. Pace, 7th grade ELA
- Wevideo and green screen with Mrs. Nadorff, 6th grade Science
- Research with Mrs. Dissinger and Mrs. Zeis, 8th grade Science
Second Quarter Collaborations
- Paperslide videos with Mrs. Brown, 8th grade ELA
- The Outsiders Literary stations with Ms. Russ and Ms. Taylor, 7th grade ELA
- Research about phobias with Mrs. Reeves, 6th grade ELA
- Book Challenge videos with Mrs. Brown, 8th grade ELA
Third Quarter Collaborations
- Citing images and creating book trailers in Wevideo with Ms. Taylor, 7th grade ELA
- Research and Discovery Ed with Mrs. Brown, 8th grade ELA
- Wevideo and green screen with Mrs. Catoe, French
- Wevideo and country research with Ms. Hineman
- Wevideo with Mr. Bloodworth, 8th grade Math
- Infographics with Mrs. Brown, 8th grade ELA
Fourth Quarter Collaborations
- Art projects with Mrs. Burgess, Art teacher
- Infographics with Ms. Evans, 8th grade ELA/SS
- Wevideo and SC Tourism with Mr. Pearman 8th grade SS
- Audio recording with Ms. Evans, 8th grade ELA/SS
Using the library space to showcase awesomeness!
- Mrs. Brown's English Language Arts students created digital posters and presented individually about abolitionists to their peers in Ms. Evan's s Social Studies classes. Stations were created throughout the library and Ms. Evan's students transitioned through the stations.
- Ms. Evans' English Language Arts students presented their claims about their selected famous people were revolutionaries in the library. Parents were invited to this event held in the library.
- Mrs. Catoe's French class used Skype in the library to meet and speak with middle schoolers in France.
- Ms. Hineman's students presented their country videos.
- Mrs. Dissinger and Mrs. Whisenant's students read nonfiction narrative textsand created book trailers. The book trailers were shared with the whole team in the library.
BMS News Team
Our BMS News Team is comprised of sixteen 7th & 8th grade students. The students make a yearlong commitment to arrive daily by 7:15am in the news room on their assigned work dates to set up, practice and present our live morning news show. I'm thankful each year to work with this crew of professionals!
Goals for 2015-2016
- Create a wider green screen in our news room to replace our small blue screen
- Expand our video creation by incorporating mini green screens
- Collaborate with teachers and administration to create a school wide reading culture
- Continue to collaborate with our TLC and teachers to embed research and technology skills into classroom projects.
The mission of the Blythewood Middle School Library Media Center is to provide a warm and caring instructional environment for students and to collaborate with teachers to further knowledge through reading and learning and applying research skills that students will need to become life-long learners.
BMS Media Center Staff
Mrs. Lorena Swetnam, Media Specialist
Mrs. April Turner, Media Assistant