Ann Wesley Carter
The politician tried to __________ his rival’s good reputation by spreading false rumors about him.
- to lower in quality, value, or dignity
- to lower the moral character of someone
- historical- lower the value of money by reducing the content of precious metal.
Debase, tr. v
Debases, 3rd person pres.
Debased, past participial
Synonyms: lower, vitiate, corrupt; contaminate, pollute, defile, degrade, abase,demean, reduce.
Antonyms: boost, enhance, honor, upgrade, praise, uplift, dignify, enable
Pick the correct answer:
- They debased the value of the dollar.
- He wouldn't debase himself by doing manual labor.
- His eldest son was incapable, haughty and exceedingly debased
- The cruel prison guard did everything he could to debase inmates and make them feel worthless.