News & Notes
Congratulations to the Medina High School Class of 2021 !!!!
Final Report Cards
Report cards have been posted. Final grades are available through Blackboard by accessing the Parent Portal. Information for setting up the parent portal is below.
Accessing Report Card thru Progress Book (Student Access Only):
- Students must log in to Progress book (pa.neonet.org)
- Make sure to login through the Medina Link
- Students sign in with Google
- You may be prompted to enter your school email and password.
- Click on left side menu “Report Card”
- Directed to report card page
- Click on “View Paper Report Card” link
- This will look like a traditional report card with Honor Roll, Merit Roll and GPA
Accessing Report Card thru Blackboard:
- Open up Medina City School webpage: org
- Click on Blackboard link in the top green section of the webpage.
- Login in to “Parent/Student/Staff Login”
- Click on View Course Grades link in the “My Classes” section on the right side of the page
- Choose any of the 1st Quarter courses
- Change tab on top of new page – click on “1st 9”
- Grade for that individual class will show.
- This will NOT look like a traditional report card with Honor Roll, Merit Roll and GPA
- You must click on each class individually to see grade.
What is Parent Portal?
A Parent Portal account will allow families to:
- Access student grades online
- Provide access to view Blackboard classes and teacher website information for your student(s).
- Only one Parent Portal account per parent is needed to view information for all children.
How to - Let's Get Started!
Please contact Kim McLellan in Technology with any questions: 330-636-4350
A.I. Root STePS Scholarship
Summer Library Teen Reading Game
Students entering grades 6-12 in the fall (and our 2021 graduates!). Register for the teen game by visiting the Medina County District Library's website.
Take a trip to the mystery box after 2 hours of reading, pick out a brand new book of your own once you reach 10 hours. Read for 20 hours over the course of the summer (that's less than 20 minutes a day) for a chance to win one of eight grand prizes!
Grand Prizes include: a Room Decor Package, Self-Care Bundle, Art Bundle, and more!
Grand Prizes awarded the week of September 6.
The A.I.Root Boys Track and Field Team had a very successful 2021 season. Both the 7th and 8th grade teams finished the season with an overall record of 7-0 (6-0 GCC West) in dual meets and GCC West Invitational Team Champions.
Root won individual championships in the following events at the GCC West Invitational, 7th grade 4x 400 relay, 8th Grade 1600 m, 400 m, 200 m hurdles, 800 m, Shot Put and Discus. The top 4 finishes in the GCC West Invite competed in the Great 8 Invitational. At the Great 8, Root placed 1st in Discus and Shot Put, 3rd in the 110 m hurdle and 4 x200 relay.
The boys team also had individuals qualify for the OHSAA Junior High State Meet in the 400 m, 200 m hurdle and the 4x100 relay.
Girls TrackThe Root girls 2021 track season began March 1st and finished May 10th. Twenty five 8th grade girls participated along with forty four 7th grade girls. Even though the teams were small, the girls stepped up and made sure all events had participants. The girls grew in their events and confidence as the season progressed. Their season ended with the GCC meet at Brunswick. Root had twenty two 7th grade girls competing and sixteen 8th graders. As a result of their successes at that meet, ten girls moved on to the Great 8 which is the top 4 athletes from each event in our conference(West) and the top 4 athletes from the East conference. The girls excelled at this meet. Root swept the 100M dash, took first in the 4X100 relay, second in the 400M dash, second in the 4X200 relay, third in the 800M run, and first in the 4X400 relay. The girls placed 2nd overall. To finish off the season four 8th grade girls qualified for the state meet in Hillard, Ohio. Root had a runner in the 100M and runners in the 4X400 relay. What an experience for the girls! They ran fast and had fun. I want to congratulate all the girls for their dedication and performance.
GCC Conference Track Meet Winners
For those who have not already signed up at Root the 7th and 8th grade football sign-up form link is here.
This Thursday, May 20, after school until 3:00 PM, players will be assigned helmets for next year.
Practices begin on Monday, August 2. All players need a physical, which are valid for 13 months from the date of the exam. Athletic forms (Final Forms, physicals, etc.) and information can be found here.