November 27, 2017
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving break and had an opportunity to enjoy some time with family and friends. This is truly a great time to reflect on all for which we are thankful.
I am truly thankful for the great amount of time and energy that you put into helping our students to be successful. As you look below at he celebrations below and think about the countless accomplishements that our kids make throughout the year, it is truly amazing. They are doing great things! Thanks for helping to make that happen!
Have an awesome week!
New Staff Member
- Wonderful Jazz Concert. Congrats to the band program!
- Congrats to the students who performed with the Metro District 8 Honor Band.
- Congrats to Rob Stegeman for receiving the Tools for Teachers award of $500 from Weber Chevrolet. He was honored on channel 11KLPR.
- Congrats to the @FHNtoday staff for taking 4th Place in Best of Show for Large School Websites at NHJSC.
- Congrats to the North Star for winning a 2017 Pacemaker award.
- Congratulations to Sarah Zimmerman for earning a 3rd Place finish in the Diversity category of the NSPA Story of the Year category.
- Congratulations to Carolynn Gonzalez for earning an Honorable Mention award in the NSPA Newsmagazine Page/Spread of the Year.
- Congratulations to FHN's Grant Argent for being the FHSD BOE Student Representative.
- Congrats to Becky Just and her Iron Chef Team for winning the 10th annual Iron Chef Culinary Throw Down!
All compatible Windows computers will be upgraded to Windows 10 and Office 2016 during the 2017-18 school year. The upgrade allows us to take advantage of performance and security enhancements.
All teachers can now sign up for their laptops to be updated by clicking on the link below. You will be asked to select a week to choose from (including the option of leaving it over winter break). Will Dillingham will follow up with each teacher during their chosen week to inform them of the specific date that week when their laptop will be updated. This takes about 3 hours per computer and we will provide you with a spare laptop while this occurs.
Please remember to back up ALL of your files on your computer to a flash drive or to a digital server. The files will not be recoverable after the upgrade. Once your computer goes in for upgrade, it should be returned to you by the next day.
Please contact Dr. Birch if you have any questions.
For more information about Windows 10 and Office 2016, the Technology and Communications departments created a useful video of some of the new features and changes to expect following the upgrade. Click this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqBbl1SthMw&feature=youtu.beto view the training video.
2016-2017 Staff Commitments to the Learning Environment
In order to improve the climate/environment at FHN, the staff commits to:
1. building positive relationships with students and staff members.
2. helping students to see the relationship between effort and success.
3. addressing any inappropriate behavior immediately to help set an expectation of appropriate hallway and classroom behavior.
4. giving clear and consistent expectations for device use and by enforcing them.
5. counting tardies consistently.