CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Friday, March 1st
Principal's Notes and Highlights
Tomorrow is Dr. Seuss's birthday. I had an opportunity to read Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? to Calvin's class at daycare this morning. Calvin loved having his dad as a guest reader, and it was a special moment for me. Miss Moore (photo) is holding a treat made in honor of today. A cinnamon roll with mini eggs (M&M) and ham (pretzels) on top!
- Chromebooks are headed home with students today. We are doing this as a precautionary measure in anticipation of Sunday's forecast. If school is closed on Monday, we would make that day up on Friday, March 15th. If we missed school both Monday AND Tuesday, Tuesday would be an eLearning Day and they would need their Chromebooks. Keep your fingers crossed that the snow stays away! #SaveSpringBreak
- You may have seen the article in the newspaper about Central and CSA Lincoln attempting to break the Guinness World Record for most people playing hopscotch at the same time. The date has been rescheduled from March 8th to Thursday, March 14th. If all goes as planned, you may soon have a world record holder living in your home!
- Fourth-grade presented Indiana State Troopers with the stories and teddy bears as part of their Trooper Teddy Project. Photos are included in this newsletter.
- We believe we are moving in the right direction in regards to getting healthy. Last week, we had several students and staff out with a variety of illnesses. This week's attendance percentages increased significantly. We will be doing a deep clean over Spring Break and all cubbies will be cleaned out. That means all clothing items will need to go home.
Have a great weekend!
Trooper Teddy Project
Trailblazer and Girls on the Run Information!
- Our Kindergarten Draft Party will happen Monday night from 6-7 PM at the school.
- First-grade will present their Endangered Animals Project in the gym from 1:45-2:30 PM.
Important Upcoming Dates
Please mark these dates on your calendar!
- Mar 4th- Kindergarten Open House 6-7 PM
- Mar 7th- PTO Meeting 6-7 pm
- Mar 11-14th School will be in session (Snow Day Make-ups)
- March 14th- World Record Hopscotch Experience
- March 15th-22nd-Spring Break (if no more snow days)
- Mar 26-28th iRead Testing (3rd Grade)
- April 30-May 2, May 7-10th- ILEARN Testing (3rd-6th Grade)
- May 15th- Indianapolis Indians Game-CSA Reading Challenge- Home Run Hitters
- May 16-17th- Chicago Trip (6th Grade)
- May 23-24th- CYC Camp Trip (5th Grade)
- May 24th- Kindergarten Graduation 1:00 PM
- May 29th- Move Up Day
- May 29th- 6th Grade Graduation-10:30-11:30 am
- May 30th- Last Student Day (Donner Park Field Day)
Who is that person working car line? The suggestion came up at a CIC meeting to share information about our staff so you can put a name with a face.
Miss Taylor Deyerling
Miss Deyerling has taught kindergarten at CSA Lincoln for the past four years. She has been our district technology representative, social committee chair, and a member of our school leadership team. In addition, she has been in charge of running the concession stand at home basketball games since coming to CSA Lincoln. Miss Deyerling will be moving over the summer to live with her fiance in Texas. We are going to miss her!
BCSC Pre-K is now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year. Applications are available at all elementary schools and online at www.bcsc.k12.in.us under the 2019-2020 Pre-K Applications heading. Please call us at 812-376-4569 for more information about BCSC Pre-K.
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley