2017-2018 Parent Newsletter
August 25, 2017 - Issue #3
Great First Week!
The campus goal for the first nine weeks is 3000 Golden Tickets on or before October 20th. If our campus reaches that goal, we will have a dance party in the gym! Class totals and campus totals will be announced in the LVES Weekly too.
LVISD Standards of Attire (Dress Code)
Please read through the above document for the entire list, but here are a couple of things to keep in mind as your child gets ready for school in the mornings:
- Sleeveless shirts and modest tank tops are permitted, but no spaghetti straps, halter tops, backless, strapless, one-shoulder, or off-the-shoulder tops are permitted;
- "Muscle shirts" are not permitted, as sleeveless shirts must fit appropriately under the arm;
- Dresses, skirts, shorts, and other non-uniform clothing must be of sufficient length to allow for performing normal school functions without immodest exposure. Any garment, regardless of what it is called, must cover all skin above the middle of the thigh;
- No shoes that mark the floors or "wheelies"
- Hair style must be clean, well groomed, and out of the eyes. Any desired length that does not interfere with safety. Hair color must be natural color.
Here are the 2017-2018 lunch times for each grade level:
- PPCD - 10:45-11:15
- PK - 11:00-11:30
- Kindergarten - 11:00-11:30
- First Grade - 11:10-11:40
- Second Grade - 11:40-12:10
- Third Grade - 12:00-12:30
If you are going to have lunch with your child, please remember to sign in at the front office and get a visitors badge before heading to the cafeteria. We ask that visitors wait for classes in the cafeteria instead of outside of the classrooms. This allows teachers to get classes down to the cafeteria on time.
Football Players, Spirit Fridays and Pep Rallies...Oh My!
- September 8th - 2nd grade
- September 22nd - 3rd grade
- October 13th - 1st grade
- November 10th - Kindergarten
We get into the Viking Spirit by having a Spirit contest every Friday during football season. The class in each grade level that wears the most Viking gear, or colors, wins the contest. Go Vikings!
Starting Monday, August 28th, students arriving after the 7:45 am tardy bell will be escorted to class by a staff member!
Parent Portal ID
The PTO is having a fundraiser via online store for apparel! It's now LIVE to purchase Lago shirts- short and long sleeved - as well as hoodies!! The online store will be open until September 9th. All orders placed by this date will be made and delivered to the LVES for distribution. If this is successful, we hope to open the store multiple times during the year with various items. Don't miss this chance to stock up on LV gear, because we have weekly spirit contest and all grade levels travel to the LVHS to attend the home pep rallies throughout football season!
All money raised by PTO goes straight back into your child's classroom, so thank you for your support of our PTO!
Watch DOG Kick-off Event
We LOVE having Watch DOGs at LVES and can't wait to have them back!
Want to Volunteer?
Due to the amount of applications received at the beginning of the year, please allow up to 2 weeks for applications and background checks to be processed.
Hello LVES Families! I am Amy Sexton, the School Counselor and Section 504 Coordinator for our campus. One of my responsibilities is teaching guidance lessons that are centered around the Lago Vista ISD monthly character traits, as well as communication skills, problem solving, respecting others, goal setting, and more. Each class will see me at least once a month for these lessons, and I am looking forward to seeing them starting next week!
For more information about me, and for informative resources, please visit my webpage: http://classroom.lagovistaisd.net/default.aspx?Counselor/Home
Also, if your child is in need of school supplies or a back pack, please contact me so that I can help with providing the items needed. We have been given donations from local churches, and I am happy to help get them to anyone in need.
Feel free to contact me with any concerns or questions you may have, and let me know how I can help your child be a successful and happy student at LVES!
(512) 267-8300 ext. 4504
Lago Vista Elementary PTO Facebook
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Kimberly Latham-Whitehead, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Eric Holt, Assistant Principal
Bus Routes and Transportation:
Jay Powell, Director of Transportation
(512) 267-8300, ext. 1508
Mark Your Calendars...
- September 4th: Labor Day, Student/Staff Holiday
- September 6th: PTO Meeting, 5:00-6:00 pm, LVES Cafeteria
- September 6th: Family Fun Night, 6:00-7:00 pm
- September 8th: Football Players visit
- September 8th: 2nd Grade attends LVHS Pep Rally, 10:45 am
- September 9th: Deadline to order Viking Gear
- September 11th: Grandparent's Lunch for PK, Kinder and 2nd Grades
- September 12th: Grandparent's Lunch for PPCD, 1st, and 3rd Grades
- September 18th - 22nd: Spirit Week 2017
- September 20th: Watch DOG Kick-off Event, 8:15 am in cafeteria
- September 21st: PK/Kinder Vision and Hearing Screening
- September 22nd: Homecoming 2017
- September 22nd: Football Players visit
- September 22nd: 3rd Grade attends Pep Rally
- September 28th: 1st and 3rd Grade Vision and Hearing Screening