A Woman Made for the Hall of Fame
Soaring into Womens Rights
The Young Lady Lindi
A Lady for the Record Books
Amelia Earhart broke and set many records during her short but illustrious life.
1922 Women's high altitude record
1928 First women to cross the Atlantic by plane
1929 Set 2 women's air speed records
1930 First woman to fly an autogiro (helicopter)
1932 First woman to fly solo transatlantic
- First woman to win the National Geographic Gold Medal
- First woman to be awarded the Congressional Flying Cross
- First woman to fly solo transcontinental in the U.S.
1934 Frist woman to fly solo from California to Hawaii
- First woman to fly solo from L.A. to Mexico City
- First woman to fly solo from Mexico City to New York
1928 - Wrote 2 award winning books
A Pioneer in Womens Aviation
Amelia wearing trousers and a neck tie
Circumnavigating the Globe at the Equator
"I have a feeling that there is just about one more good flight left in my system and I hope this trip is it. Anyway when I have finished this job, I mean to give up long-distance "stunt" flying."