By: Megan Oligmueller
Periodic table information
Atomic number: 31
Number of protons: 31
Number of neutrons: 39
Number of electrons: 31
Where is it found in nature?
*Gallium is a soft, metal and elemental gallium is a brittle solid at low temperatures.
* The year after the discovery he was able to obtain pure gallium through the electrolysis of a solution of gallium hydroxide in the potassium hydroxide.
*Chemical Property: Gallium is a pretty reactive metal. It reacts with both alkalis and acids. It combines with most non-metals at a high temperature.
* Today, gallium is mainly used for building semiconductors
* Researchers are currently studying the oral intake of gallium for the treatment of several cancers.
* Gallium forms a brilliant mirror when it is painted on glass.
* It is easily for it to transform into an alloy with many metals and has been used in nuclear bombs to stabilize the crystal structure.
* Gallium is considered to be non- toxic