August 31, 2022
From The Desk Of Principal Roberts
I have so many things to share as we head into September. Please excuse the wordiness of this intro. I promise my next one will be much more concise.
- COFFEE TALK
- GEOVISION INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANTS
LISD has partnered with GeoVisions to hire instructional assistants from out of the country to serve our students. The Steiner community will have four exchange employees, three from Jamaica and one from China. Layla Wang has already started on our campus and is fitting right in with our River Ridge community. Shereva Murphy will start very soon at River Ridge once we get her settled. These ladies will be staying in a two-bedroom apartment. They do not have transportation, any furnishings in their apartment, or essentials. We need to give them our warm River Ridge welcome. Let's make these ladies' homes/lives a little more comfortable while they serve our schools for the next year. A few donations have already been received and will be delivered to the first apartment soon. Numbers are based on four ladies in two apartments. Here is a signup genius if you would like to help! We also will accept gift card donations to Randalls for food and essentials and Uber for transportation.
- SITE-BASED COMMITTEE: RATTLER IMPACT TEAM
As always, it is a joy to lead and serve at River Ridge!
- Thursday, September 1st: Kinder curriculum night @5:00 and 4th curriculum night @6:00 (via Zoom)
- Monday, September 5th: Student/Staff Holiday
- Friday, September 9th: Grandparents' Lunch during lunch times. Only students will be provided lunch from the cafeteria. Grandparents are welcome to bring food to share with their grandchildren; Kinder Journey pictures
- Tuesday, September 13th: APEX Pep Rally!
Opportunities at River Ridge
We are also looking for some great new additions to our already stellar staff. If you find any of these opportunities interesting, please feel to contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org), Gareth Cook (email@example.com), or Dorothy Yip (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Special Education Instructional Assistant - This job opportunity would focus on working with students who receive special education services. We are also open to a job share opportunity with two individuals interested in part-time work
- Special Education Teacher with an emphasis on Autism - We still have a vacancy and would love to fill this position with a highly qualified teacher. Please spread the word!
News from Mrs. Cunningham
In an effort to help students remember to bring their books on their library day, we are utilizing Remind once again! You can download the Remind app, or text the class code as listed below.
Red Day- Text the message @redlib123 to the number 81010
Orange Day-Text the message @ornglib123 to the number 81010
Yellow Day- Text the message @ylwlib123 to the number 81010
Green Day- Text the message @grenlib123 to the number 81010
Blue Day- Text the message @blulib123 to the number 81010
Purple Day- Text the message @purplib123 to the number 81010