By: Becky Allison
Education/training and starting the career
Taylor Alison Swift was born on December 13, 1989, in Reading, Pennsylvania. She spent her early years on her family's Christmas tree farm in nearby Wyomissing. Her grandmother had been a professional opera singer, and she soon followed in her footsteps. By the age of 10, Taylor was singing at a variety of local events, including fairs and contests. She sang "The Star-Spangled Banner" at a Philadelphia 76ers game at the age of 11, and began writing her own songs and learning guitar at 12 years old.
- Taylor Swift is so successful that she has won 11 American Music Awards, 7 Grammy Awards, and 6 Country Music Association Awards.
- Taylor is the first country singer to win an MTV Video Music Award. Her video "You Belong with Me" won the Best Female Video award in 2009.
- She was born on December 13 1989 in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- The exact time she was born is 5.17 a.m.
- Adding the figures on the time of her birth, 5 + 1 + 7 = 13. 13 is Taylor's favorite number.
"I'm intimidated by the fear of being average."
"No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.'
"People haven't always been there for me but music always has."