Knightly News: EXCEL
Week of February 21st
Last week of the extra appreciation for all who are a part of SGMS during the month of LOVE!
February--Month to show our LOVE of STAFF!
Also this week we will be having an American Heart Association Challenge for students and staff. If you are willing to send in a donation for the American Heart Association in honor or memory of someone that has heart related conditions You can click the link below to give online under SGMS or send in cash with your child to write a heart for the person you designate. When you donate to the American Heart Association, you're joining the fight against our nation's No. 1 and No. 5 killers — heart disease and stroke. Your donation helps fund lifesaving research, advocate for better health, improve patient care and reach at-risk populations.
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR PARTNERSHIP IN SHARING LOVE WITH OUR SGMS FAMILY!!
REMINDER CELL PHONES ARE NOT TO BE OUT OR ON DURING THE SCHOOL DAY! THEY MUST STAY OFF AND IN THE BOOKBAG IF THEY CHOOSE TO BRING TO SCHOOL.
Ways to exemplify our CORE values-these are just a few--showcase others for all to see.
E=Epitomize Integrity-students set the right example
- follow school rules (Level 0 in hallway, cellphones put up during school day, no hats/hoods in building, earbuds/air pods used for instruction only...)
- complete assignments to the best of your ability
- show kindness and compassion to others-help versus hinder or hurt
- words and actions are of the highest with kindness, honesty and treating others they way you would like to be treated
C=Commit to Learn
- Attend school when not sick
- Be on time to all classes
- Come prepared with school tools (chrome book, pencil, paper, workbooks, calculator..)
- Ask questions
- Engage in class activities
- Complete all assignments in high quality
- treat chromebook with care
- use chromebook for instructional purposes only
- Bring all supplies including homework assignments to class
- Line up and use level zero in transitions
- See something, say something..
L=Lead with Courage
- leadership comes with following expectations
- taking risks to try instructional challenges
- help others
- treat classmates and staff with respect
Joshua Lockettemail@example.com: Grade 6 and Maholic Walsh teams- Tonya Grahamfirstname.lastname@example.org: Grade 8 and Nelson team-
Conferencing REQUIREMENT DUE 2/28-REACH OUT TODAY!!
IF YOUR CHILD HAD A D OR F IN ANY Class 1ST SEMESTER YOUR CHILD'S TEACHER IS TRYING TO REACH YOU TO SET UP A CONFERENCE.
Please meet with your child's teacher(s) to ensure your child is on the path for continued growth and improved academic success. Conferences will be held virtually between now and the end of February. Please let your child's teacher(s) know what dates would work best for you. At this meeting the discussion will focus on what variables impacted their grade and a plan of action moving forward to ensure they will grow.
Completion is due by 2/28 to ensure students have the steps needed for improvement
Yearbook dedication deadline
Celebrate SGMS 2021-2022 Teacher of the Year-Ms. Tracy Johnson
Calendar info: Subject to change but will give you an idea of things to come
AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FUNDRAISER: FEBRUARY 20-MARCH 7TH.
February 21st and 22nd: Teacher Workdays
March 4th: Tentative 8th grade enrichment trip
March 15th: 7th grade symphony
March 24th: End of 3rd quarter
March 25th: Teacher Workday
April 5th: Report Cards
April 6, 7 and 8: Tentative 3rd quarter awards days
April 7th: Tentative School event
April 15th -April 22nd Students out (4/15-Holiday, 4/18-4/21 Spring Break and 4/22 Teacher Workday)
May 3rd: Tentative 6th grade enrichment trip
May 20th-June 3rd EOG Testing Window
June 3rd: Last day of school
Our administrative team is available to assist with any and all SGMS questions or concerns. You may reach us at 336-674-4266 or by email. We love your partnership please reach out if you have suggestions or shout outs for our amazing staff.
Tracy Roof, Principalemail@example.com (students with last names P-Z)
Lorie Rainey, Assistant Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org (students with last names G-O)
James Moore, Assistant Principalemail@example.com (students with last names A-F)