Mrs. Pierce's Post
Week of August 31, 2015
- Sight Words: see, a
- Color Words: orange, purple
- Predictable Story: I see...
- Number identification 0-10/Sight word identification- both playing TAP It!
- 3 Ways to read a book: read the words, read the pictures, retell the story
- Becoming an author/illustrator: our words match our pictures
- We introduced our classroom behavior management system. Ask your child to explain this to you. We operate the day on a clip system that supports positive behaviors and redirects negative behaviors. When your child is caught making great choices in the classroom they move their clip up. When they are caught making poor classroom choices, they move their clip down. Below is a picture of our classroom tool.
Purple: Treasure chest at the end of the day!
Blue: Fancy sticker at the end of the day!
Green: Great Day! High fives and thumbs up at dismissal!
Yellow: 5 minutes of recess or free choice taken away.
Orange: 10 minutes of recess or free choice taken away.
Red: All of recess taken away or all of free choice taken away.
Behavior Management System
Ask your child to tell you about this!
We made a different version of Brown Bear, Brown Bear to help us recognize our color words and shapes. It also helped us to recognize patterns while we read and reminded us to use our picture clues.
We made our own # TAP iT game boards! We will take these home this week and you can practice with your child at home too!
- We started our own classroom newspaper!! Please read the attached info sheet about our Kid News! We will not be sending this home this week. We will be practicing in class to prepare them for the Nightly News that they will be sharing with you!
- Book Baggies (books will be sent home to read and return the next day)
- September 21st-25th is Fall Book Fair during library specials class
- September 28: Picture Retakes
- Scheduling for Parent/Teacher conferences
- We started our homework packets. You will find a folder in your child's backpack with the label Homework. Each day has a set of activities to complete and directions are attached to the front of the packet inside the folder. Your child will not turn in homework daily; Instead turn in the entire packet each Friday signed.
- Be practicing the orange checklist to help your child make our WALL OF FAME!
- Agendas are the MAIN way for daily communication! Please check and initial them daily.
- $5 cash or a healthy snack (enough for each student) is due each month.
- Lunch $ should be sent in an envelope labeled Lunch Money with your child's name, Mrs. Pierce's name, and amount enclosed.
- If you have any additional forms or notes for the school or teacher please put in the agenda as they are checked daily. Also, make note in the agenda incase it should happen to fall out or placed elsewhere.