Patriot Parent News to Know -
July 26, 2018 - Registration and Meet the Teacher Edition
Important Dates to Remember
- REGISTRATION JULY 30TH - AUGUST 3RD (8:00am-4:00pm)
- Extended Registration Hours - Thursday, August 2nd (8:00am-7:00pm)
- August 1st - Popsicles on the Playground with Principals and PTA 9:00-10:00am
- August 6th - Braswell Zone Bash - Back to School Extravaganza 6:30-8:30pm
- August 13th - Patriot Meet the Teacher Night 5:30-6:30pm
- August 15th - First Day of School 7:40-3:00
- August 15th - Boo Hoo Yahoo Breakfast for Kindergarten Parents 7:40am
August 1, 2018 - Come to Popsicles on the Playground and Register Your Patriots from 9:00-10:00
News from Mrs. Diggs
Dear Providence Parents,
Patriot Families – We are so very excited to welcome each and every one of our Patriots to the 2018-2019 School Year in just a few short weeks! To prepare, our Patriot Leaders have been participating in professional development, preparing their classrooms and anticipating the arrival of your students. We cannot wait to have your teachers call each of our Patriots to introduce themselves and welcome them to our classrooms. However, we need your help. In order to ensure your student is placed on a classroom roster, you must complete the Denton ISD Registration Process. Our PTA has graciously offered to sponsor Popsicles on the Playground on Wednesday, August 1st from 9:00-10:00am. At this time, we encourage you to bring your Patriots to enjoy a cold treat and later complete the registration process in the Front Office. This will allow our Patriots the opportunity to reconnect with friends, chat with Mrs. Diggs and Mrs. Weiper, learn more about volunteering with PTA and share summer experiences while also ensuring paper registration items are completed, turned in and processed.
This year is definitely going to be the best yet. This year is bound to be an amazing year as we continue to provide academic experiences for our students that are engaging, relevant and foster great relationships. As your principal, it is important to me that everyone who steps through the doors of our campus is excited to be here! This includes faculty, students and parents. This attitude enables us to meet the challenges of academic excellence in a positive, fun and nurturing environment. This year, we will focus on a theme of “Patriot GRIT – Won’t Quit!” Through this focus, we will teach students, staff and our community about Growth, Resilience, Integrity and Tenacity. Our goal is to develop learners who persevere in their pursuit of learning and goal attainment. It is our desire to provide students with the tools that they will need to be successful in learning as well as in the community.
I am truly blessed to be able to serve our students, staff, and our Providence community. If I can be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me by calling the school at 940-369-1900 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With Patriot Pride,
Jairia Diggs, M.Ed.
Click the Above Link to access the district registration website.
New to Denton Registration
Please make sure you have completed your online registration through InfoSnap! When finished, it will prompt you to print the verification page that you will bring to Providence during registration.
You must complete BOTH online registration AND Providence campus registration to have your child placed on a class list for Meet the Teacher Night!
During Providence Registration on the campus, you will need to bring the following:
- Verification printout from INFOSNAP
- Proof of residency (utility bill, lease or mortgage statement). Cable, phone, cell phone or insurance bills cannot be accepted. If you live with relatives/friends, you both will need to be present at registration and will need to complete an affidavit of residency. Bills/statements must be current - July/August.
- Guardian driver's license
- Student birth certificate or passport
- Updated student immunization records
- Student social security card (if applicable)
- Student withdraw papers from previous school school/district if applicable
- You will complete Car Tag (for dismissal purposes) paperwork while at Providence. We will ensure paperwork that must be completed at Providence will be kept to a minimum for your convenience!
- New student registration will not be finalized until these documents have been submitted to the campus.
Returning Student Registration
Please make sure you have completed your online registration through INFOSNAP using the code that was emailed to you! If you do not have an INFOSNAP code, please email us at email@example.com. When finished, it will prompt you to print the verification page that you will bring to Providence during registration.
Returning students will also need to complete the Providence Registration on campus.