St. Stanislaus STAR
March 23 , 2016
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
May the blessings of Holy Week be with you. Children should be encouraged to participate in the services of Holy Week. It helps them to see what they have been learning about in class.
On Easter morning, may your family arise joyously to the celebration of the resurrected Jesus.
School resumes on Tuesday, March 29th. There is no bus service that day. Tuesday is also our scheduled Spirit Day.
Next week I will be attending the National Catholic Education Association Convention in San Diego. The diocese requires the principals to attend. Mrs. Courtney Pleus will be Teacher in Charge during my absence. Though there will not be a STAR next Wednesday, look for a reminder to be sent home about upcoming events.
May the blessings of God be with you and your family today and each day as we celebrate the resurrection!
Calendar of Events
1:00pm Early Dismissal
Thursday, March 24
Holy Thursday--NO SCHOOL
Friday, March 25
Good Friday--NO SCHOOL
Sunday, March 27
Monday, March 28
Easter Monday--NO SCHOOL
Tuesday, March 29
NO bus service
Wednesday, March 30
Thursday, March 31
Friday, April 1
Sunday, April 3
Walk for Life
Tuesday, April 5
Dress Down for $1 - Walk for Life
Wednesday, April 6
6:15pm Home & School meeting
Notes & Reminders
- The Summer Care Program at St. Stanislaus will be for the months of June and July 2016. The registration form can be found on the website (www.ststan.net) under the Forms & info tab. **No registration accepted after May 2**
- Walk for Life - The 39th annual Walk for Life will be held April 3 following the 10:30 am Mass (@11:30 am) at St. Stanislaus Church. Easter is an excellent time to collect for the Walk for Life and to invite your friends, family and neighbors to Walk with you. For every $10 you raise, you will get an extra chance to win awesome prizes.Thank you again for your support of the Walk.
- The Early Childhood Program is currently enrolling for the 2016-2017 school year. Children must turn 4 years of age by December 31, 2016. The St. Stanislaus Early Childhood Program follows the school calendar year and is designed to provide a faith filled, play based learning environment. For more information or to request an enrollment packet please call 573-636-7802, email email@example.com or stop by the St. Stanislaus School office.
- Helias Project Graduation is doing a fundraiser at Culver's on Wednesday March 30th from 5pm to 9pm where 10% of all sales will be donated to the Project Graduation Night.
- Pregnancy Help Center 5K - Be a Super Hero - Save a Baby 5K Walk/Run. Memorial Park, April 30. For information contact Pat Dudenhoeffer 635-3977
Home & School Officers Needed!!
Lessons from the Classroom
2016-2017 MO School MCV4 Requirements
Lost & Found
Grandparents Day Friday, April 22
Tuesday, March 29 NO Bus Service
Congratulations Alyssa Gipe! MONASP Middle School Female State Archery Champion. Her score of 290 sets a new school record. She was 1st for middle school girls and 9th place in the entire tournament out of nearly 1,500 shooters. We are all so very proud of you Alyssa! Alyssa was the only individual from St. Stan to qualify for Nationals on their own. No other shooters placed in the top 10 based on gender and division. A few however placed in the top 10 based on grade:
- Jett Quirouet placed 1st overall for all 3rd grade shooters.
- Eli Bruemmer was 12th for middle school boys and 6th for 6th grade boys.
- Izzy Herrbold was 6th for 4th grade girls.
- Madison Verslues was 8th for 4th grade girls.
- Jeremiah Bruemmer was 10th for 4th grade boys.
- Elyse Imhoff was 3rd for 3rd grade girls.
Despite Alyssa's amazing performance, the middle school team had an off day and placed 21st out of 27 teams.
Personal Best Scores at State:
Avery Doerhoff, Izzy Herrbold, Jett Quirouet, Anna Imhoff, Alyssa Gipe, Cameron Ashley, and Joseph Twenter.
Wish them luck the next 2 weeks. They are training for the MONASP STATE 3D Target Tournament at Helias on April 1st and 2nd.