Concrete Primary--September 28, 2015
We have completed PALS assessments and will return to our normal group rotation schedule this week. We look forward to getting back in our regular routine with the children. As the weather gets cooler, please practice putting on and taking off jackets/sweaters with your child. They become very frustrated when they can't do it themselves :).
- Superhero of the week was Corey Hall. Way to go, Corey!
- Our class earned popsicles this week with a full popcorn jar! Everyone enjoyed them. Our next goal is to earn cupcakes.
- Thank you for ordering Scholastic books for your child. I sent home books on Friday and we'll be sending home another flyer on Thursday, 10/1.
- I will be working with students on learning their birthdays (day/month). Please help your child at home, in the car, etc. to be able to say his/her birthday.
- We are changing our sensory table this week. We will be putting fall items such as leaves, acorns, mini pumpkins, etc. in this area. If your child would like to bring in some items to add, we'd love it!
- The temperatures are getting cooler and that usually means a light sweater or jacket. At this time of year, we encourage you to leave a light jacket/sweater in your child's backpack. Temperatures change often and we go outside every day that the weather permits. Also, sometimes our classroom is cooler than your child may like it. Don't forget to make sure your child's name is on all things you send to school!
- On October 22, I will be taking a field trip with my class at my other school. We will not have class at Concrete on 10/22. Our plan is to take a trip with our Concrete class in the spring.
- This week, we learned about apples in our class. Here is the link for you to see My Big World Scholastic magazine at home with your child. The password is catsteak702. http://clifford.scholastic.com/