how tobacco affects your body?
- Nicotine makes you feel good when you are smoking, but it can make you anxious, nervous, moody, and depressed after you smoke.
- Tobacco causes bleeding gums (gum disease) and cancers of the mouth and throat.
- Tobacco can cause emphysema (lung disease) and lung cancer.
- Smoking causes dry, yellow skin and wrinkles.
facts about tobacco
- Each day, more than 3,200 people under 18 smoke their first cigarette, and approximately 2,100 youth and young adults become daily smokers.
- On average, smokers die 13 to 14 years earlier than nonsmokers.
- Smokers are 30% to 40% more likely to develop type 2 diabetes than nonsmokers.
- More than 100,000 of the smoking-caused deaths over the last 50 years were of babies who died from SIDS.
- While only 5.4% of adult nonsmokers in the United States lived with someone who smoked inside their home, 18.2% of children (aged 3–11 years) lived with someone who smoked inside their home in 2007–2008.
what long term smoking does to your boby
More than 80% of cases of lung cancer are due to smoking.
Smoking can lead to tooth staining, gum disease, tooth loss, and in more severe cases mouth cancer.
makes your skin age faster and spot