The General's Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 9/10/2017
Activity Fair to promote all of the awesome activities at DDE!
Expectations for group work being applied in BreakoutEDU activity in Ms. Codispoti's class.
Back to School Social
Thank you to the PTO for sponsoring our first Social of the year. So much fun!
The first couple of days were fantastic! We hope you enjoyed seeing old friends, making new friends, decorating your locker, and getting to know your teachers. It's going to be a great year, Generals!
- Every morning, DDE is open at 7:00am at both the front and side entrances. Students are monitored by a staff member until the start of the school day.
- Due to the high volume of cars dropping off in the morning, parents are encouraged to drop their child off prior to 7:30am.
- Please note our one-way traffic pattern diagram. See attached map: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXR3JSZVJCelc4RGc/view?usp=sharing
- Drop off is curbside only at the side entrance.
- Please maintain a speed of no more than 5 miles per hour when traveling in the parking lot, to ensure the safety of staff and students.
Fall Sports begin this Wednesday, September 13th. All physical forms are past due! Please check Genesis to confirm your forms are updated. Contact Mrs. King, School Nurse, Monday morning with any questions by phone at 732-431-3910 x 4108 or email at email@example.com. Students without a current physical will NOT be permitted to participate in the fall season. Following are instructions on how to check Genesis to confirm your forms are updated: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXTDhBc2lzYVBKS1p2TlpENERvTGhKWXBjOGRv/view?usp=sharing
Mark Your Calendar
- Monday, September 11: Back-to-School Night, 6:45pm arrival for 7:00pm start. Chromebook cases, DDE school clothing, and locker shelves will be available for purchase. Your child will come home on Monday with a schedule for the evening. Here is a template, in case you need an extra one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXdW9vbGY5Y2tUZ1U/view?usp=sharing
- Monday, September 11 and Tuesday, September 12: Locker set-up from 2:30pm-4:30pm. Locker set-up is optional. Students must be accompanied by an adult. Locker shelves will be available on Back to School Night.
- Thursday, October 5: Picture Day
- Thursday, October 12: PTO Meeting, 8:30am in the STEAM Center
- Friday, October 27: Halloween Social, 7:00pm-9:00pm
Please note: The 8th Grade Dance will be held on Friday, June 1, 2018 from 6:30pm-9:30pm and the Principal's Social will be held on Friday, June 8, 2018, from 2:20pm-4:00pm. Please update your calendars!
- Our first PTO Meeting of the school year is Thursday, October 12, 2017 @ 8:30am (yes, 8:30am!) in the STEAM Center. Come hear about everything that is going on this year, learn about opportunities to get involved, and see our newly redesigned, absolutely beautiful STEAM Center!
- Magazine sale is scheduled to run from September 14th through September 20th. More information to follow.
- We are looking for Bagel Sale Volunteers! In order to begin the Bagel Sale, we need volunteers! If you have an hour in the morning, please email Jen Serluco, PTO President, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank you to everyone who donated to the Back to School Teacher Lunch and the Back to School Social. We really appreciate your donations! We couldn't do it without you!
- PTO questions? email@example.com
- If you would like to update/change your contacts in Genesis, please email Mrs. Patmore at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free and Reduced Lunch Program: For those currently using the government assisted lunch program, please be aware the expiration date is October 23, 2017. In order to avoid interruption in this service, please complete the 2017-2018 application as soon as possible. Please note that any lunch charges incurred after the expiration date are your responsibility. These forms are also to be used by new applicants. Following is the form to apply for Free and Reduced Lunch. English: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXbG5nZ0ZyZTJ1VUk/view?usp=sharing Spanish: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXMFF5dW84Mm5HSzMyZmpfU2FRRXVmdUs0eEdr/view?usp=sharing