eQUIP for January 12, 2018
for the Academic Journey of e Schooling
Learning Coach, Let's Add JOY to Every Day!
eQUIP......Tools for empowering YOU, the Learning Coach!
We’ve all been there. There are days when we really need JOY to rejuvenate us and bring life into our school days. How do we step back, gain control over complaining, struggles, and challenges? The antidote is JOY! Joy motivates. Joy revives. We all need that this winter!
This edition of eQUIP encourages you to add the spark of joy. Sometimes we have to push through the hard work and persevere until the reward of joy comes. Often joy is right there in the day to day process, but we need to recognize it, develop it, and use it for our students. Joy multiplies when you foster it, and will come back to you, too, LC!
Check out these great apps to enrich your student's learning: http://www.k12.com/virtual-school-offerings/online-private-schools-courses/mobile-apps/k-8.html#langarts
Free online literature to upload for your student to enjoy. This might just be the ticket to mastering that next novel:
Great study strategies to help your student remember what they learn. Check out these suggestions: https://www.learningliftoff.com/7-strategies-to-help-students-remember-what-they-learn/
How Parents of Online Students Should Prep for School Success
Starting out the new year in an organized and well-planned way can have a big impact on school success. Parent and Learning Coach Emerald Zeitz, whose daughter is excelling at Colorado Preparatory Academy, shares these tips for other parents:
Let's Start 2018 Full of Positive Possibility!
- CONNECT with the OHVA Family through Face2Face events
- CONNECT with your teachers
- CONNECT with your students
- CONNECT your students with their lessons.
When we CONNECT with one another a positive attitude emerges and HOPE & JOY flood in and fill us.
CONNECT with OHVA!
School Connections & Support
- OHVA office and staff: 1-419-482-0948 Use 0 for operator or extension for teachers/staff.
- School Website: http://ohva.k12.com/ Contact: http://ohva.k12.com/contact-us
- Get Started: Strong Start! How-to videos and steps to get started http://ohva.k12.com/tools-resources/strong-start.html Getting Started Checklist for a Strong Start
- Tech Support/Customer Care: 1-866-K12-CARE (For login, computer/tech, and materials issues)
- K12 Self-help and search: help.k12.com Many, many, support topics!
- K12 Website: www.k12.com
- Parent Helpline 1-419-482-0948, HELP (4357)