Mrs. Prevo's Newsletter
October 14, 2016
- Oct. 3 - 18: Box Top Contest
- Oct. 14 - Nov. 18: Sole Food Shoe Collection
- Oct. 11: Barnes & Noble Book Fair 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. (see flyer in student mail)
- Oct. 24-28: Safety Month Spirit Week
- Oct. 27: Student Flu Vaccine
- Oct. 28: Grade Level Harvest Parties 1:05-2:00
- Nov. 1-3: Parent-Teacher Conferences this week (more info coming soon)
- Nov. 7 & 8: No School - Fall Break
- Nov. 11: Veteran's Day Assembly @ 9:00
- Nov. 14: Rock the ROAR Assembly @ 8:45
- Nov. 18: Music Showcase @ 7:00 p.m.
- Dec. 3: Price Elementary Holiday Market (see flyer below)
Orders are due by Friday, Oct. 28th.
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES
Veteran's Day Assembly
MAJOR SAVER FUNDRAISER
Price Families, we are excited to announce that the month of October is safety month in our school. We will be focusing on many ways to help teach kids to be safe. During this month we will have special guest visitors from the Red Cross, the Republic Fire Department, and the Republic Police Department. Students are able to learn different ways they can stay safe at school and at home. To finish out our month of safety we will have a spirit week to celebrate what we know. Click on the image to the right to see the spirit week schedule. Be sure to talk with your student all about the safety tips they have learned so far!
SOLE FOOD COLLECTION
Family "FUN"damentals Night - Save the Date
We are excited to announce our next Family "Fun"damentals Night on Friday, November 18th from 5:30-6:45. The sessions will take place before the 3rd-5th grade musical, which will begin at 7:00. At our Family "Fun"damentals Fiesta in September, we collected feedback from families regarding future topics of interest, and the top two chosen were behavior management and social skills. This time, presenters will be sharing about how our school targets these two areas, as well as ideas for a wide range of behavior and personality types. This information will be meaningful for ALL participants, not just families of students with difficulties in these areas. Hamburgers, chips, and drinks will be served for free while supplies last; however, donations will be accepted. Childcare will be provided for children ages 4 and up during the sessions. Please use the following link to RSVP for this event by Monday, November 7th. We hope to see you there!
NEXT WEEK AT A GLANCE
- Reading: We will be working on using evidence from the text to make inferences. We will practice quoting accurately from the text and restating the question.
- Writing: Students will continue their fiction narratives. We will be talking about using figurative language and using commas in a series.
- Math: We will continue Chapter 3, Divide by a One-Digit Divisor. We will finish up on Monday by interpreting remainders. We will review on Tuesday and test on Wednesday.
- Science: We will begin our unit on plants this week.
- Planners need to be FILLED OUT and signed daily.
- Math Homework is to be turned in daily.
- Be sure to read the newsletter with your child so they are more aware of some of these events.
- Sign Up for Parent Teacher Conferences