6 Traits of Writing
- Always have topic sentences.
- Have main ideas.
- A detail sentences and conclusion
- Use a lot of nouns and verbs
- Use exciting adjectives
- Use a thesaurus
- Use a mix of short and long sentences
- Use simple sentences
- Edit using COPS
- Use evaluation sheet
- Think about what your going to write about.
- Whats your main idea
- Compose is your rough draft or sloppy copy
- You don't have to be neat
- Is to look over your writing
- Is to make the changes you found in the revision
- Is to give your paragraph to the teacher
- Or read it in front of the class
- It helps you make a good paragraph.
- You can write down all the facts.
4 core topic sentences
- Number statement: Use numbers
- Questions: Ask Questions
- Simple statement: A a simple topic sentence
- Situation: A situation
- Like First, second, third
- For, because
- To back up the mail ideas
- They are red
- To end your paragraph or what you learned
- They are green