In the Lincoln Loop May 2022
Home of the Preschool, Kindergarten, & 1st Grade Vikings!
- REMINDER- Toys are NOT allowed to come to school with students. We have had a lot of issues with them either being lost or broken, so it is best to leave them at home.
- Technology Fees are Due! The technology fee for 21-22 is $25/student, or $75 max/family. If you haven't already, please bring your payment to the Lincoln Office. We accept cash, check, money order, and credit/debit card. You can pay online as well.
- Early Childhood Screenings: If you would like to make an appointment for your child to have an early childhood screening, please call the Tri-County Office at 620-331-6303. The next date for screenings is May 9th.
Last Day of School for KDG/1st & Preschool
The LAST DAY of BOTH AM & PM PRESCHOOL is Wednesday, May 18th. This is also the last day for preschool child care as well.
The LAST DAY of KINDERGARTEN and FIRST GRADE is Thursday, May 19th, with Early Dismissal at 12:00. We will still serve lunch and buses will still run on this day. If you have a change of plans for how your student will get home on this day, please call the office before 11:00am.
Summer School 2022 - Vikings Blast Off!
- The program runs 4 days per week - Monday through Thursday
- Start date : Monday June 6th, End date: Thursday June 30th
- Doors open at 9am
- Dismissal at 12:30pm
- Bus transportation will be provided if needed (please call the office to get the form!)
- There is NO FEE for participation!
- Current Kindergarten and 1st grade classes will come to Lincoln School, 620-421-3510.
If your child received an invite and you haven't returned the form yet, please call the office to speak to our Title 1 Teacher in charge of the program, Mrs. Whitney Spencer, at 620-421-3510. We are so excited to have you!!
We Are Now Accepting Preschool Applications for the 2022-2023 School Year!
- Must be 3- or 4-years old on or before August 31st, 2022.
- Has reliable transportation to and from school (preschool students are not eligible to ride the bus to and from school).
- Must be potty-trained! (Can use the restroom on their own, no pull-ups).
Please keep in mind that this is an application, NOT an enrollment. Preschool applications must be processed and approved by the school first, and will then either be approved or put on our waitlist. You will ONLY complete the enrollment once it is approved.
Acceptance letters will be sent out in June or July, and letters with their teacher information will be sent out after.
Below is the link to our fillable PDF application on our website, as well as the document itself if you'd like to print it out and fill it out that way. Or, we have physical copies in the office that you can pick up!
You can email your completed application to the school secretary, Sarah Swanson at email@example.com. If you have any questions at all about our preschool programs, please don't hesitate to call the office!
Important Upcoming Events!
- Please use the designated crosswalks! If it is busy during morning or afternoon drop off/pick up, please don't let your child cross the street by themselves!
- Do NOT park in the bus lane! There are signs by the bus lane on both sides of the school. Please do NOT park in the bus lane!
- It is illegal to pass a bus with its lights on and stop signs out. If you come across a stopped bus with it's stop signs out and lights flashing, do NOT pass it, regardless which side of the road you are on! It's against the law and while you can receive a hefty fee if pulled over, the sentence is much worse if you happen to hit a child.
Reading is a lifelong skill, you never stop working on it! Check out the link above to Reading Rockets! It's a great resource with lots of videos, blogs, and fun stuff to support your child.
If you do not have your Infinite Campus Parent Portal login information, please call or email the office to get it set up.
Policies & Basic Info
- Masks are now considered optional, but strongly encouraged in the building.
- On days your child is absent for any reason, please contact the office. To prevent the automatic call, please notify us before 8:30.
- Please do not let your child cross the street without an adult, and always use the marked cross walks. Do not park in the drop off/bus lane, or block any residential driveways.
- If your child will have a change of plans as to how they are going to get home, please call the office before 3:00 so we can get them where they need to be. For AM Pre-K, please call before 10:30.
- School hours are from 8:00-3:30 for Kindergarten and First Grade. AM Pre-K classes are from 8:00-11:00, and PM Pre-K is from 12:20-3:20.
- School doors open at 7:40 every morning.
- If you are running late for morning drop-off (after 8:10) please sign your student in at the front office. You must sign them in if they will be coming after this time.
- Late start every Wednesday. Doors will still open at 7:40am, breakfast will be served 7:40 to 8:15am, and class will start at 8:30 am. Busses will run 25 min later than normal.
- Birthday Treats- All treats must be pre-packaged and store bought.
Meals & Pre-K Fee Info
- ALL student meals will be free for the entire 2021-2022 school year. This includes students who would not normally qualify for free or reduced lunches.
- Breakfast is in the gym starting at 7:40
- Daycare lunch is from 11:05 - 11:35
- Kindergarten lunch is from 11:15-11:45 and First Grade lunch is from 12:00-12:30.
- At this time, parents are not able to eat in the cafeteria with the students.
- Preschool fees have been waived for the duration of the 2021-2022 school year for all preschool students.
- If you have any questions regarding your student's account(s), please call the office or email Meagan, the billing secretary : firstname.lastname@example.org
21-22 Child Care Services
- Before School (6:45am-7:30am): $15/week.
- Opposite of PreK (8:00am-12:20pm or 11:00am-3:20pm): $50/week.
- After School- Available for PreK-8th grade (3:30pm-5:15pm): $25/week.
A few things will be different from previous years...
- You must have a child care form completed.
- No drop-ins allowed without a child care form in our records.
- This is a pay ahead program, meaning you must have the week paid IN FULL prior to your child attending.
- Fees will be charged by the week instead of by the day, regardless of how many days you used these services. However, if your child is quarantined by the health department, you will be exempt from paying for that time, or if it is a short school week due to a holiday, inservice, or inclement weather.
Payment is due on Monday of each week. We currently have openings for Before School and Morning PreK Daycare. All other sessions have a waitlist at this time.
If you are interested in using these services, please fill out the form attached below and return to the Lincoln School office, or email to email@example.com. Forms are also available at the office.
Daycare Payment Info
- Payment is due each week on Monday. This MUST be paid to hold the spot for the student. Statements will be sent home each week with student (if a balance is due).
- Payments can be by cash, check, paid online, or by phone. If you are writing a check, please make it payable to Lincoln Elementary. Use the KanPay Payments link above to submit an online payment.