October 28- November 1
Have a great weekend!
November 1 Institute Day Afternoon Agenda
We'll see you from 12:30-3 pm in the Lowell LLC!
- Building Updates (Committee Structure, Discipline Referrals)- Kathy Melton
- Monitored Independent Reading Session 3- Laura Baumann, Laura MacLeod, & Katerina Rallis
- Lexia- Laura Baumann, Laura MacLeod, & Katerina Rallis
- School-wide behavior visioning- Jackie Croci & Kathy Melton
- Social Emotional Learning: Module 2- Kathy Melton
Please see district e-mail from Faith Dahlquist for morning agenda and afternoon department meetings.
- The Formal Pre-Observation Conference Form and Professional Responsibilities & Data Sheet should be submitted prior to our pre-conference.
- The Teacher Self-Reflection Matrix should be submitted between the observation and the post-conference. In this matrix, which looks just like the one I fill out for you, you must rate yourself in every domain. Please add evidence in the comments sections, especially in areas where you have rated your self either above or below proficient. Please see me if you have any questions about this. It is rigorous, but I think you'll find it beneficial as you reflect on your practice.
Long Term Planning
As we keep communication within school and with our parent community a priority, please communicate any important dates that parents may need to know. We're going to fine-tune a process so that you can submit your calendar dates in one place rather than recording them on multiple calendars. Hopefully, I'll be able to share that as soon as next Friday. In the meantime, the following dates have been set. Please be thinking about special events that you or others in our building may host so we can plan for timely communication of those events.
- November 21-Circus in PE
- December 4- District math walk-throughs in a.m.
- December 16- Winter Concert
- May 3- Lowell 5K
- June 3- Discovery Day
Tech Tip- Padlet
- Need a white board easel? There is one from the Staff Center; please take it before November 1 if you would like it.
- Do you have anything in the upstairs attic here at school? If so, let Kathy know and be sure if it is labeled. The Wheaton Fire Department has asked us to give some special attention to that area.
Standards Based Grading Corner
Patricia L. Scriffiny
With all of the dialogue as we work to better understand and implement Standards Based Grading, I will periodically add articles and blog posts that can help shape your understanding of that philosophy. Please note that this section isn't 'required reading', but you may find it interesting as you consider your own educational philosophy.
Next Week's Events
* Please remember that we've not yet had our fire drill with the Wheaton Fire Department yet... :)
Monday, October 28
Tuesday, October 29
- Chorus; before school in Music Room
- ELL Tutoring; 3:30-5 p.m. in LLC
Wednesday, October 30
- Kathy leaves @ 3; serving on North Central College principal panel for student teachers.
Thursday, October 31
- Battle of the Books; 8 a.m. in LLC
- Halloween Parade; 2 p.m. (parties to follow)
Friday, November 1
- Institute Day- Please follow district schedule in the a.m. & report to Lowell from 12:30-3 (See agenda details above.)
- District online GCN Trainings are due!!